PDA

View Full Version : copper day with Coinnut and Cab

del
11-07-2009, 07:39 PM
today Coinnut , Cab and i went out to look for a couple of new sites ( from info we got last weekend) so at dawn's early light we were trekking through the brisk woods to the first site but we couldn't find it. on the way we spotted a suspicious looking area to hit for a few minutes , still not 100% sure what it was. almost nothing but iron signals but i did pull out one of the crappiest coppers i ever saw with a hole in the middle . shortly after we went to look for site 2 , this one was a big center chimney colonial with lots of area . Coinnut shortly pulls up the first coin and yells out hey i gotta wheatie :grin: :grin: ( you gotta be kidding) :rolleyes: . well after some time i picked up some buttons and 3 more coppers , a 1787 fugio penny :shocked04:,an 1805 draped bust large cent and a ships colonies commerce token . thanks for looking and hurry up and get out there before you can't .

Dan

del
11-07-2009, 07:41 PM
more pics of the stuff . the fugio is still soaking but i did snap 1 shot of the back

OkieDigger
11-07-2009, 07:48 PM
:shocked04: That's awesome! I love these coins you guys are finding. Superb!

angellionel
11-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Excellent! That is one terrific hunt, and beautiful coins. thumbsup01

I have to start hitting some cellar holes. 8)

marchas45
11-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Smashing finds Del, I think you guys have found a sweet spot. Happy digging. Love that token you found, thumbsup01

coinnut
11-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey, I think they call those Condor Tokens. And what happened to the Fugio? What you doing to these coins, they were pristine before you cleaned them :grin: :tongue: Oh well, I can let you find them, but I can't help ya after that! :rolleyes: Anyways, I hit the old house for about 2 hours and was surprised what I got. Almost had 2 more coppers, but one is a British 1890 half penny. Found in the same areas I hunted before. Choppy signals. Was real surprised on finding the 1853 Large Cent in a bunch of iron. Nice Victorian / Art Nouveau?? pin. Lots of other good stuff too.
And what's your problem with my Wheaty, big guy :tongue: Here's my stuff

angellionel
11-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Another bunch of great finds! You guys are killing those coppers. :shocked04:

cab
11-07-2009, 08:06 PM
congrats dan you hit the trifecta today :cheesysmile: That token is cool turned out to be a great day,Im not able to post because of my computer :(

del
11-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey, I think they call those Condor Tokens. And what happened to the Fugio? What you doing to these coins, they were pristine before you cleaned them :grin: :tongue: Oh well, I can let you find them, but I can't help ya after that! :rolleyes: Anyways, I hit the old house for about 2 hours and was surprised what I got. Almost had 2 more coppers, but one is a British 1890 half penny. Found in the same areas I hunted before. Choppy signals. Was real surprised on finding the 1853 Large Cent in a bunch of iron. Nice Victorian / Art Nouveau?? pin. Lots of other good stuff too.
And what's your problem with my Wheaty, big guy :tongue: Here's my stuff

great day George, beauty of a coin that 1829 is . congrats

hey nothing wrong with the wheatie in fact its better than the one i found ( abrahamus lincolnus) :grin: but it shouldn't of been there in the first place is all :cheesysmile: hey glad you picked up another copper ( i expect you kicking and screaming to the bitter end in this race :grin: :grin: ) didn't want to see ya just roll over and die ( give up). is the pin silver , looks it.

congrats dan you hit the trifecta today :cheesysmile: That token is cool turned out to be a great day,Im not able to post because of my computer :(

thats to bad Chris i was hoping to see that seated half dime ya found , did ya get a date from it .congrats on the last minute snag on the silver .

Dave
11-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Fantastic coins!! I really like the ship token

Snowy
11-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Beautiful stuff! I'm jelous!
Really awesome stuff, guys. Congratulations on the goodies.
But I'm still jelous!

Epi-hunter
11-07-2009, 08:22 PM
OMG... beautiful coins! Next time I am out in your neck of the woods (I was there two weeks ago 8) ) I'm going cellar hole hunting!! Angel can go to the parks :grin:

George, I love that victorian pin! Any info on it?

Islandhunter
11-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Looks like you guys had an AWESOME day!!! LOVE that Fugio, got that coin on my to find wish list. Congrats!!

bmattioli
11-07-2009, 08:52 PM
WOW, awesome hunting guys!! Just amazing what you find at those celler holes.. Someday I'll get there..

Bruce

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-07-2009, 09:04 PM
:-\ :embarrassed:i had a crappy day.you guys did awesome congrats!

hockeyguy
11-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Holy $%^&*! What's a fugio?

Krom
11-07-2009, 11:02 PM
All them pics are so sweet, but I gotta say that I LOVE that cameo-type pin...! thumbsup01

coinnut
11-08-2009, 12:44 AM
George, I love that victorian pin! Any info on it?

Not much info on it yet, but I have found similar designs. One at a place that was operational from 1894- about 1915, so that dates it pretty well. I think it's a post Victorian style. :-\

MNDigger
11-08-2009, 08:32 AM
You guys had an incredible hunt! WTG on all the great looking coins! BTW Dan....I like how I see a silver seated in the first pic but there is not mention of it! Who needs silver when there is a copper race to win! :grin: :grin: I would have been going nuts if I found one around here! :rolleyes:

del
11-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Holy $%^&*! What's a fugio?

a fugio was the first U.S.government issued coin ( penny) in 1787 , Benjamin Franklin is responsible for the coins design ( fugio meaning time flies) with 13 rings on the back to represent the original colonies interlocked and the words in the middle we are one and states united.

You guys had an incredible hunt! WTG on all the great looking coins! BTW Dan....I like how I see a silver seated in the first pic but there is not mention of it! Who needs silver when there is a copper race to win! :grin: :grin: I would have been going nuts if I found one around here! :rolleyes:

ya the silver seated half dime was found by Chris (Cab) just before we left the site due to the time.i was hoping he could post a picture sometime soon .

Dan

Forino
11-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Wow guys you did goodddd

catskillcomics
11-10-2009, 06:23 AM
Another round of great finds Del.. I certainly find that Token interesting..
I need to get back across the Hudson to those foundations I was hunting earlier this year before the snow flies.