PDA

View Full Version : I Scared a Snake Today!

fyrffytr1
10-06-2013, 09:46 PM
I know I am not the most handsome man in the world but it's pretty bad when I can scare a snake to death!
I was walking around my yard and bent down to pull a weed out of the flower bed. Just as I reached for it I saw this little fellow.
When he saw me, he rolled over dead! Or at least that is what he wanted me to think. I picked him up and carried him out the woods bordering my land and turned him loose.
A little while later, in another part of my yard I saw another one. Since he was already near the woods I took his picture and left him alone.
We call them spreading adders. When first provoked they will puff their head up in an attempt to scare off their attacker. If that fails they will roll over and play dead. In the 5th and 6th pictures he is just starting to puff up. I didn't want to irritate him so I backed off. They are harmless little critters that help control the insect population and I need all the help I can with that.

lcoutback
10-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Funny, that's the effect I seem to have on most women! :hysterical: rofl

coinnut
10-07-2013, 04:02 PM
He would have fooled me lol I would have turned the other way and detected :shocked04:

Boulder
10-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Tricky critter, nice pictures.
John. :groovy:

Epi-hunter
10-07-2013, 10:21 PM
I would have turned the other way and detected :shocked04:

I would have run ten miles in the opposite direction lol :cheesysmile:

del
10-08-2013, 07:15 PM
not being familiar with the types of snakes out your way i would of given him a lot of room too lol lol

aloldstuff
10-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Great pictures and I probably would have been running also.

tanacat
10-10-2013, 07:44 AM
I know I am not the most handsome man in the world but it's pretty bad when I can scare a snake to death!

Poor 'lil hognose snake got a fright lol

RobW
10-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Great pictures and I probably would have been running also.

I'd pay money to see that..for many reasons rofl

Longhair
10-31-2013, 06:07 PM
Poor 'lil hognose snake got a fright lol
That's what I was thinking.
We have 'em here, but you almost never see them.
Cool find and pics! Thanks for sharing!