PDA

View Full Version : 5 Bucks and a Bit of Silver

z118
05-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Got out for an evening hunt tonight... this time of year can be tricky as typically every school and park field is filled with people in the evenings. I headed to a local park which is not old itslef, but I found two indian heads cents there last year and a large cent two years before that so you never know. I was hoping for maybe an old coin or perhaps some gold or silver jewelry. The weather was cool and overcast and kind of bleak but still nice. The park was filled with people but I found an empty field and went to work. It's funny because I certainly have no desire to be with people when I hunt but it is nice sometime to be around their activities... the sounds of ball games, the smell of grilling food, the energy and motion. Perhaps that is some sort of sad commentary on my personality. At any rate, conditions were perfect for digging and targets were not too overwhelming so I dug pretty much everything hoping for gold. No luck there but I did wind up with 56 coins worth $5.27 which included a '52 wheat. Also landed a nice silver earing, stamped .925 twice. It was great to get out.

Happy Hunting...

coinnut
05-11-2010, 09:08 PM
I like the sound of people too....just not asking me questions every two seconds lol I like them at a distance ;) Nice hunt and a very good amount of clad for the clad jar. The earing is a good chunk of silver, so the hunt was worth it right there thumbsup01

Geodawn
05-11-2010, 09:15 PM
That's a nice chunk of silver!

angellionel
05-11-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm the same way, Z. I prefer to hear the sound of people while detecting, but at a distance. lol

That is a good amount of coins, and a very nice and hefty looking silver earring. thumbsup01

hoser
05-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Nice hunk-O-silver and an impressive amount of clad. Congrats

randy
05-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Nice hunt. Looks like some pretty ugly zincolns hidden in there lol I've found that exact earring. Its a pretty heavy one, IIRC.

tanacat
05-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Hey 'lil bits of silver add up! Btw, all my finds are prob going to be sold to help pay for my boys college 'ediakashun' in about 15 yrs.... :)

coinnut
05-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Hey 'lil bits of silver add up! Btw, all my finds are prob going to be sold to help pay for my boys college 'ediakashun' in about 15 yrs.... :)

Then that little whipper snapper better start digging his own lol Get in there son and pay for your own edukashun rofl

Epi-hunter
05-12-2010, 09:13 PM
I hate the sound of people when I'm detecting. I want them gone. lol

Nice finds and a very nice heavy silver earring!

tanacat
05-13-2010, 02:37 PM
I hate the sound of people when I'm detecting. I want them gone. lol

Same hear.... rofl get it? Same here, I'm paranoid of little snide comments and getting pennies tossed in front of me lol Naaaa people are usually nice. Did you hear about the boys on the baseball field saying to me Yo Lady all the gold is in CaliforniaThere's no gold out in that thar field, etc... The coach was chuckling. I pretended I couldn't hear, with my headphones on. Chuckling to myself. They didn't say anything mean, just playful.