PDA

View Full Version : From Galveston TX

largo45
10-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Selling my store soon and plan to do something I have wanted to do for a long time - metal detect. I haven't bought an MD yet but have been researching them. Probably going for the Garrett Ace 250 as a starter machine.

I have always been a history buff (currently I own an antique shop in Galveston) and love researching old finds and wondering what stories they could tell.

Hope to hook up when some of the MD buffs in the area and get some pointers.

Happy Hunting!

Tony Two-Cent
10-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

Glad to have you here, Largo! :yes:

It sounds like you have a lot in common with most of us, a love of history and old items.

The Garrett Ace 250 is a very popular machine and should be a great starter detector for you.

Tony

del
10-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the forum Largo45 :waving: , I enjoy browsing through antique shops . I have a humble Bottle collection (medicines and bitters) among others. the Ace 250 is about the perfect starter machine and I wish you great success with it . we do have a few Texans here on the forum , hopefully a couple will respond . glad you found us Largo45 .

Dan

aloldstuff
10-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Welcome from western MA. Once you start detecting, and by the way the Ace 250 is a great starter machine, you will be amazed at what comes out of the ground. Any questions, ask away. Nice bunch of people on here.

coinnut
10-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Welcome aboard :clapping: Once you get the hand of it, you will be hooked. History at every turn of the shovel...even if that history just ends up being a pull tab lol If you have any questions about different machines ask away. Also our sponsor Bart at Big Boys Hobbies can answer some questions too. Until then, just browse over some of the wonderful finds our members have found. It's simply amazing what we all dig up.

Boulder
10-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum from John in New Jersey. |:cheering:

Fire Fighter 43
10-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the forum and hobby from SE Wisconsin. The Ace 250 is a good machine I'm sure it will meet your needs. Take your time learning the detector and enjoy yourself, the finds will come. Good luck and happy hunting.

OxShoeDrew
10-13-2013, 08:41 PM
I join the others in welcoming you to our group. What kind of store do you have? Congrats on your retirement. :waving:

Skamaniac
10-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Welcome from Washington state! I love antiques, but alas, I'm the only antique my wife wants around. Good luck with your metal detecting, and keep us posted.

Lowjiber
10-15-2013, 05:14 AM
Glad to have you join us. Welcome from the desert southwest.

SHIMMER77502
10-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Welcome from Pasadena TX! Since you are in Galveston you can hunt the beaches! The 250 is a great starter machine. If you are interested in joining a club, there is one in Galveston and our club, Treasure Hunters Association of Pasadena. PM me if you want contact/meeting information. Keep an eye on this site - lots of great folks here!

shimmer77502