PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Fall Weather & Silver in Four Sizes

z118
10-12-2013, 04:57 PM
I got in one evening hunt this past week. I stopped at one of the huge old parks in the city on the way home from work. I've never had great luck at this spot but it's so big there's no way there isn't something good there somewhere. It was a beautiful evening and although targets were pretty sparse I did land a '57 dime which made me quite happy.

Saturday I headed out in the morning to a the wooded area that has been pretty good to me lately. Again, the weather was fantastic and the Fall colors and sounds and smells were stunning in all regards. Early in the hunt I hit a messy, large signal that I was pretty sure was going to be a can top. So you can imagine my surprise when a sweet Walking Liberty Half popped out. I knew there had to be something else there though based on what the signal was like and sure enough there was a war nickel in the hole too. The other nice keepers from this hunt proved to be an 1893 V nickel, 6 wheats, and a well worn 1893 O Barber quarter. This is my 5th Barber quarter this year, which I find kind of amazing given that I had dug exactly zero of them in six years of detecting before this one.

So I headed home tired and happy and in absolute awe of the Fall's splendor. I'm headed off to a football game (Bengals @ Bills) tomorrow so I likely won't get any hunting in. I'm already looking forward to my next hunt though!

Happy hunting...

del
10-12-2013, 06:00 PM
:wow: great half :clapping: :clapping: congrats on it and the barber :cheering: :cheering: I like the boys scout button and crotal too :smitten:

bob_e99
10-12-2013, 06:04 PM
:wow: I really have to stop wishing you good luck on your hunts. You take me too seriously :grin:

I want to know what your eating for breakfast to find those Barber quarters :thinkingabout: Five so far this year :shocked03:

:congrats: on a really nice hunt. :perfect10: :perfect10:

aloldstuff
10-13-2013, 05:34 AM
It's not everyday that I can read a post which boasts of 4 different sized silvers. :congrats: on all those keepers. The old Boy Scout pin looks to have some age

leslie(nova scotia)
10-13-2013, 05:48 AM
The trees were so stunning almost forgot to look at the silver. Job well done me bouy! <;)

milco
10-13-2013, 07:23 AM
:wow: Awesome pics and awesome finds! The great outdoors and some shiny finds, doesn't get much better than that! Congrats!

wisconsin digger
10-14-2013, 04:44 AM
great day detecting and I agree fall hunting is the best. Wisconsin Digger

Fire Fighter 43
10-14-2013, 06:09 PM
:wow:. That is a great hunt with a nice variety of finds. |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
10-16-2013, 10:19 AM
What an incredible hunt! :shocked04:

Huge congrats on the four sizes of silver! Nice early Barber Quarter, even if it's worn.

I really like the old Boy Scouts badge too! |:cheering:

The 1893 V Nickel is a relatively uncommon date.

:congrats:

RobW
10-16-2013, 12:12 PM
:shocked04:. great hunt :clapping:
A barber Q. and a walking half :loveit:

Johan K
10-16-2013, 01:31 PM
:perfect10: Great finds and pictures ! Lots of coins ! Good spot ! When do you return to digg the rest out...... :detecting:

coinnut
10-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Nice bunch of silver :loveit: Love the quarter. But what is FDR spitting out of his mouth? lol Is that long line raised up? Nice crotal bell.