PDA

View Full Version : Fresh hunting grounds giving up the jewelry!

JdsCoins
10-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Been a long time since my last post or topic! Haven't done much quality hunting over the last month. I just moved almost 2 hours away from where I lived since Feb. this year, so I have a lot of fresh, public hunting grounds to check out! :grin:

Started the day with a 20 minute drive outside the city to a school that was built in 1913, then burned down in 1937, then built again, then burned down in 1950. (Gee, can't this place catch a break? :shocked01:) Then rebuilt shortly thereafter, and is used as a high school today.

In about 2 hours I found around $2 in clad, the religious medallion (Indonesian sterling) and the 2 wheat pennies (1934 and 1950-D)

Then later in the evening I tried a school only minutes from my house, didn't look up the age of the school yet (not too old) but there's some older homes around it.

In about another 2 hours I managed the shark, the 2 silver rings and about a buck in clad. The snake ring had me excited, I've seen others dig them but never thought I would! happydance02

Don't know too much about gemstones. The one on the first ring has a purple hue to it. :)

Videos are uploaded to my YT channel. Happy Hunting! :cool:

aloldstuff
10-14-2013, 04:55 AM
Gotta love the kids. :congrats: on all your keepers

Fire Fighter 43
10-14-2013, 06:08 PM
WTG on some nice digs, |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
10-15-2013, 01:35 PM
It's good to see a post from you, JD! :yes:

Congrats on the neat jewelry finds. I really like the snake ring. |:cheering:

:congrats:

coinnut
10-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Nice finds and love the snake ring. Stone is probably an Amethyst but could be many other stones like a Garnet, Spinel, or purple Sapphire.

JdsCoins
10-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Thanks guys!
A gem guy told me It's a low grade Amethyst. I didn't expect it to be high quality. But other than turquoise I think It's the first gemstone I've found in a ring. I'm the guy that always finds the rings with the stones & diamonds missing. Or they're fake. rofl

OK, wait, that's not funny! >:/

giant056
10-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Great hunt and finds there JD thumbsup01

:congrats: