PDA

View Full Version : Gun Part?

OxShoeDrew
10-14-2013, 12:46 PM
I think I dug one of these before but can't remember what it is....if I ever knew 8/ Thanks for thoughts.

del
10-14-2013, 03:33 PM
hey Drew what is the metal ?? it sorta looks maybe like brass or a type of white cast metal

OxShoeDrew
10-14-2013, 06:53 PM
I still can't tell copper from brass. >:{
This has the green copper patina. It looks so familiar to me. Like I saw it in a dream, yeah that's it...a dream... I DREAMED LAST NIGHT I WAS ON A BOAT TO HEAVEN Sorry, I'll never qoute 1950s musicals again. :embarrassed:
Hey, the next three days I'll be in your town... not detecting \:[ but working >:#

Lodge Scent
10-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Maybe part of a shift mechanism of some sort :dontknow: Is it possible a cable connected to that nipple on the bottom Drew ?

del
10-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Drew almost all gun part mechanisms were made of iron or steel due to the wear they could take under tension. brass tends to wear easily and was usually only for aesthetics or decoration on weapons . maybe it was a mechanism on a clock??

OxShoeDrew
10-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Let me get a better pic of the other side, how it connects to the iron part.

Skamaniac
10-15-2013, 05:05 PM
To me it looks like a gear or ratchet brake of some kind with the bottom part either triggering something by cable or connecting to a spring to keep the upper part in the locked position on a gear tooth. Or I have no idea what I'm taking about...another likely option.