PDA

View Full Version : Silver coin with swastika Germany

Johan K
10-17-2013, 04:13 PM
I wen this year, must be months ago, to a beach in Germany, that is just an 1 hour drive for me. There I've been detecting the, as we say, the wet part when it is low tide. The spot where the most jewelry is. There I found a black piece of roundness, and I took it home. After 1 night soaking in oil the dirt came of......and gladly surprised I was ! It was a silver coin, 1937 with a big swastika. Minted just before Mr A. Hitler took over our country with his need of expansion haha. Yeah, they were really here and your grandfathers ::usaflag:: <;) :uk:usaflag:: :white:usaflag:: kicked them out haha. Nice coin though ! It is a 2 mark from the German Empire (deutsches Reich). When you find these coins in your back yard.....they have been peeking through your window.....haha. I don't think you'll find them over there in de States.....you didn't gave them a change.....but they were close.....

giant056
10-17-2013, 06:21 PM
Very nice old silver you found there thumbsup01 a couple years back my brother found a big silver coin with a swastika from Germany, he still has it, I was with him when he found it at where there were some torn down houses. It's really beat up bad though, probably someone brought it back from Germany.

SeabeeRon
10-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Interesting coin Johan! :congrats: