PDA

View Full Version : Woods give up an odd mix

z118
10-19-2013, 04:35 PM
This morning I headed back to the wooded spot I've been working lately. It was another nice Fall day and I was hopeful for some keepers. This location once again obliged, although I did not get any silver coins this time. But I can't complain about what I did get - the nicest crotal bell I've ever dug, the nicest large Canadian cent I've ever dug, and by far and away the nicest Indian head cent I've ever dug. The latter has full LIBERTY and is about as pristine as suspect I can ever hope to find. I also dug a flower stamped sterling - not sure if it was a button, pin, or something else - and an earring that is not stamped but I suspect may be gold. And beyond that I got an odd mix of trinkets - a corroded token worth 10 cents of a bottle of ketchup, a large gear, several bullets, an older toy car, a tiny bottle (eyeball find), four wheat pennies, very little clad, and some junk jewelry.

Apologies for the mediocre photos; my wife seems to have borrowed my camera and the one she left me with does not want to cooperate.

Happy hunting!

bob_e99
10-19-2013, 05:47 PM
:wow: :wow: and :wow:

That has got to be the nicest IH I have ever seen. It is just beautiful. :congrats: I am very :envious: on that one.

That large Canadian cent is also quite amazing. That was a very nice hunt even if you didn't get any silver.

:perfect10: :perfect10:

|:cheering: |:cheering:

:waving:

coinnut
10-19-2013, 09:25 PM
The Indian is just gorgeous :smitten: The Canadian Large cent must be close to the last year they made them, so a very nice find there. I'm not sure the earring is gold. It looks too much like pyrite and may be that heavy electroplate junk that looks like gold. Easy to tell with a test kit or a jeweler near by. Some nice finds for sure.

z118
10-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Well, I checked the earring with my test kit and it seems like it is 10k. It left a nice streak, it did not look plated where I scraped it, and the streak remained unchanged with the 10k solution (but did fade with the 14k solution).

I seem to have a real knack this year for digging unstamped gold items.

Meanwhile I keep staring at that Indian head cent! :drool:

PL8MAN
10-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Cool finds , that IH is a beauty !

Johan K
10-20-2013, 02:49 AM
happydance02 Stunning quality them coins !

del
10-20-2013, 03:05 PM
the George V large cent has great color tones to it as well as detail but the Indian is absolutely stunning Matt. Anytime you can see all 5 diamonds on the band its prestine :perfect10: . great crotal too , any initials on the bottom ??

Lodge Scent
10-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Nice! I would love to find a Canadian LC.

Tony Two-Cent
10-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Wow, that was an incredible hunt, Matt! That site seems to have a lot of targets.

That Indian Head is a real thing of beauty! Definitely one of the nicest dug Indian Heads I've ever seen. And that Canadian large cents looks great too!

Congrats on the gold earring as well! |:cheering:

:perfect10:

aloldstuff
10-24-2013, 10:18 AM
That sure does look like a gold earring to me.....excellent looking IH. :congrats: on all those relics......what type of car is that?