PDA

View Full Version : BUYING V3I

LEROY
05-13-2010, 03:31 AM
if i buy a new v3i will i have to worry about these problems with coils false readings or a new machine coming out in 6 months LEROY

coinnut
05-13-2010, 09:29 AM
if i buy a new v3i will i have to worry about these problems with coils false readings or a new machine coming out in 6 months LEROY

Hey Leroy, with any new machine you are gonna hear about all the problems lol That's just how people are. When something dissapoints them, they talk about the bad issues. And that's a good thing because it allows everyone a fair and real picture of the machine they are buying. But it takes longer to hear about the good points. Don't let the coil issues and new updates taint your first impressions of that machine. If I had an extra $1600 kicking around, I'd buy one, but I spent my loot on the E Trac (which I love) lol If you have substantial falsing issues and it isn't operator error, the they will send you a new coil. It really was a coil issue for the most part and I'm sure White's has been working on it. As far as the upgrades are concerned, not everyone needs one. Buy any upgrade only if you like the new features. I think upgrades are OK, since you don't have to dish out thousands more on a new machine. I believe someone said, they are all done for a while with upgrades. Now patches to fix software problems may come out from time to time. Remember, this is the companies :usaflag:ship detector and is on cuting edge of technology. Problems are inevitable. Just my thoughts on it.

randy
05-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Its a good machine. Any machine will have problems (or things you don't like about it), from time to time. I think being brand new it had a few more than a machine that has been in production for five years, tho. I had coil issues, and White's took care of me.

As for the upgrades, I don't need anything in the V3i upgrade, so I'm ignoring it. I am a little concerned about the upgrade philosophy -- what happens if a critical software flaw is discovered -- are you forced to get upgrades you don't want to get the upgrade you need? (I was in the software business for 20 years, and this is a common problem without an easy solution that makes both vendors and customers happy). But, this is only a speculative issue -- it hasn't happened yet, and I haven't seen White's comment about it one way or the other.

Good luck. I've found good stuff with the V3.

RWJR13
05-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Hey Leroy....Don't believe you'll have to worry about another upgrade any time soon...If for any reason you have a problem with your V3i White's will always stand by it... :happydance01: :happydance01: