PDA

View Full Version : some foreign coins

sfox54
10-23-2013, 10:36 AM
yucky rainy day thought i would post some past finds. first two pics are on the left swiss rappen and the right belgium euro. last two on the left a greek lepta and the right a nepal ruppee

coinnut
10-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Either you have a lot of foreign travelers that live around you or a local coin shop has a grab bag of coins that sell cheaply :dontknow:

sfox54
10-23-2013, 09:25 PM
for some reason erie has alot of foreigners coming here. quite a few lately from nepal and myanmar some thailand as well, it seems every month there is a picture in the local paper of new citizens being sworn in at the federal court house, and several multicutural agencies to help them adjust. all the foreign coins came from playgrounds except the hungarian one which i found at my sisters. and no two coins came from the same playgrounds/parks. erie has nearly 20 parks in the city alone.

coinnut
10-24-2013, 11:03 AM
for some reason erie has alot of foreigners coming here. quite a few lately from nepal and myanmar some thailand as well, it seems every month there is a picture in the local paper of new citizens being sworn in at the federal court house, and several multicutural agencies to help them adjust. all the foreign coins came from playgrounds except the hungarian one which i found at my sisters. and no two coins came from the same playgrounds/parks. erie has nearly 20 parks in the city alone.

That explains it. Makes for an interesting collection of coins!! 20 parks :shocked03: That's a nice place to get some rings and clad.

sfox54
10-24-2013, 05:10 PM
coinnut i was way off on the number of parks in erie but it about 20 some i hunt theres 47 parks

coinnut
10-24-2013, 05:27 PM
coinnut i was way off on the number of parks in erie but it about 20 some i hunt theres 47 parks

Even better lol Never a lack of local hunting places