PDA

View Full Version : best day with the ctx

rsarge1
10-23-2013, 06:12 PM
I went to a local park that has been hunted and hunted :detecting: almost every day >:tongue: and found a house that was fenced off that was being remodeled so I stopped and asked the work foreman if I could hunt around the house and was given the go ahead they had taken off approx. 6 of top soil so I started searching next to the house and worked my way out right at the outset I found a nickel and some clad then as I moved away from the house I found some wheat pennies :clapping: dates on the wheat pennies were 1944,1945,1945D,1946D, which gave me hope then I found a merc, 1941, some more wheats and another merc , 1944, as I moved around to the side I had a solid 46 hit at 2 so I dug it out carefully and almost fell over :loveit: looking up at me was a Standing Liberty Quarter my first :smitten: , the SLQ was in bad shape I couldn't get a date off it but I think it has an S for a mint mark, needless to say I was working that area to death LOL I also found a Colorado tax token pretty hammered so I couldn't get a better picture, and I found the front part of an old toy car sure wish it was whole LOL to end the hunt I found an old belt buckle , thanks for looking I know this isn't much for some of you pros out there but it's great for me :happy: :happy: LOL

coinnut
10-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Sounds like a great opportunity that you were fortunate to get. Just think how deep those coins really were if you add the 6 in and scatter a lot of shallow trash around it. Now we know why these coins are still there. I always love to find sites like that.

CyberSage
10-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Just awesome Sarge! Good for you for noticing your surroundings. Congratulations on a fantastic hunt buddy. Sorry I have been MIA this fall. Looking forward to getting together for a hunt.

Jack

rsarge1
10-23-2013, 08:37 PM
yeah it was fun and looking forward to future hunts when you're ready this machine really sniffs out the targets in trash and iron
thanks
sarge

aloldstuff
10-24-2013, 10:24 AM
:congrats: on your 1st SLQ. Nice that the foreman let you hunt. Seems to me that the house was definately from the 40's.