PDA

View Full Version : 12 inch coil against 10 dd.

pinpointa
10-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Hi Guys,

Can anybody please give me an accurate reading on the depth of the concentric 12 inch coil against the standard 10 dd using either all metal or mixed mode. This will be used in neutral sand. The way i do a test is to use a u.s.dime placed in a p.v.c. tube say cut off at 12 inches blocked off on one end with p.v.c. tape and filled with the existing sand out of a tot lot and burried flush with the surface. This gives a good general readout of an accurate test.

Hope some one can help. This is using the v3. Thanks from Pinpointa Down Under In Australia. :callme:

CyberSage
10-23-2013, 07:29 PM
The 12 will be deeper in low mineralized soils, and require slower recovery time, and swing to get any kind of separation. It will be more susceptible to masking. The D2 will be better at separation, and more forgiving of a faster swing. As the mineralization strength goes up the D2 will prevail even in moderate soils. However if running a single frequency 2.5 program the Super12 is unreal on it's depth.

A deep coin spill with the Super12...

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/CyberSageBH3300/SpillDetail.jpg

pinpointa
11-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Thanks Jack for the reply. Still not sure if to go with the sef coils or the Whites 12 Inch super coil.

Regards Pinpointa.

Boulder
11-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Thanks Jack for the reply. Still not sure if to go with the sef coils or the Whites 12 Inch super coil.

Regards Pinpointa.

My vote would be with a Detech "V-rated" SEF coil.

Good luck on what ever you decide, John. :thumbsup01: