PDA

View Full Version : Busted out the Rock Tumbler today

Thiltzy
10-24-2013, 05:45 PM
I have tons of clad coins sitting around in plastic containers from finds over the last two years. Running out of storage room so I thought it was about time to start cleaning that clad in order to be able to cash some presentable looking dug coins into the bank. These are coins from beach, water and dirt...

My tumbler holds two 3lb containers so I started off with some pennies in one of the containers. Placed 225 pennies into it with 1lb of pea-shot, dish soap, and water. Tumbled about 6 hours and here are the results. Ended up finding around 20 more wheats.

sfox54
10-24-2013, 08:08 PM
its damn near impossible to put pennies in a straight line...lol...i use a single barrel tumbler with aquarium gravel i only wish i had containers laying around that needed done...save some for winter time

Thiltzy
10-25-2013, 07:08 AM
I hate cleaning clad :hairpulling: The tumbler does a good job and takes away the pain of cleaning

del
10-25-2013, 07:19 AM
and here i thought Coinnut dug more lincoln memorials at old cellar sites than anyone ;) lol lol

they sure do the trick don't they :yes:

Thiltzy
10-25-2013, 11:33 AM
and here i thought Coinnut dug more lincoln memorials at old cellar sites than anyone ;) lol lol

they sure do the trick don't they :yes:
hahaha Dave digs a lot of Lincoln's at cellars. I rarely do. All these pennies were beach, park and water