PDA

View Full Version : Park Project Nets Four Silver

milco
10-24-2013, 09:25 PM
This past Tuesday my uncle and I planned to make a day of it. I texted Jeff (Firefighter43) to see if he could join us. With the weather a little iffy and our last minute change of plans it didn't work out to meet up but my uncle and I ended up making a day of it anyhow. Jeff ended up going solo for a hunt at the ballfield project.

First we hit a old small park for about two hours and I had two wheat cents to show for the effort. We were on our way to another park and stumbled on to a street tearout in a 1930's neighborhood that I did not even know about. Stopped off there for a couple of hours and we each found some wheat cents and my uncle found a Merc.

We next headed to another old Milwaukee park and lo and behold they tore up a bunch of stuff in the park around this statue adding walkways and landscape beds, etc. We were going to just stop here for a short bit and then head up to the ballfield tearout, but ended up staying here because of the prime dirt. My uncle ended up with a 1917 Buffalo and some wheats. I ended up with three Mercs, a Rosie, a 1901IH, and eight wheats.

We capped off our day at dusk with a couple of brews :beerbuddy: and a burger at a local establishment. A vacation day well spent! :yes:

Fire Fighter 43
10-24-2013, 09:32 PM
:wow: WTG Darren you had a great day. I swear you have some kind of built in radar for tear outs, nicely done.

Tony Two-Cent
10-25-2013, 06:13 AM
That sounds like a really fun day, Darren, and you made soem great finds! |:cheering:

Man, that first photo of the sidewalk tearout really makes my metal detecting arm twitch! lol It sure looks like a prime site!

:congrats:

milco
10-25-2013, 07:14 AM
Man, that first photo of the sidewalk tearout really makes my metal detecting arm twitch! lol It sure looks like a prime site!

Thanks! Yeah it looks real good but it is a newer neighborhood and the finds were sparse, not like in the old parts of the city. The terrace was loaded with targets so a return trip after they scrape that will surely yield some more goodies.

giant056
10-26-2013, 06:41 AM
Silvers galore thumbsup01 and a nice old indian too, you had a great hunt there indeed!!

jkress
10-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Congrats Darren! :clapping:

I'm glad to see your 'radar' is still functioning properly. |:confused:) You really have a knack for the tear outs.

Great saves on the old coins... especially the shiny ones. :smitten: