PDA

View Full Version : A first for me

bob_e99
10-25-2013, 02:59 PM
My last 6 or 7 wood hunts have not been so great and yielded only a small amount of clad so I thought I would shake things up a bit and hunt a park today. It started out slow and ended up slow but in between I dug up a very dark coin that I thought was another clad quarter (the signal wasn't all that great) but then noticed a little bit of silver along the edge of the coin. I figure it would be a silver Washington so remembering not to rub it, I looked closer with a little bit of delicate cleaning and much to my surprise I had just found my very first Barber quarter. :happy: :happy:

Unfortunately, looking at the photographs, I noticed that I must have dinged it with the digger :hairpulling: . Remembering not to rub the coin is good if you don't gouge it with the digger :( . In any case, I'm still excited to have found it.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

del
10-25-2013, 03:37 PM
:bananadance: :cheering: :bananadance: :cheering:

congrats on your first Barber quarter Bob :clapping: :clapping: I hope theres a few more this year before the big freeze :yes:

Tony Two-Cent
10-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Congrats on your first Barber Quarter, Bob! <:

One of the most exciting coins to dig, in my opinion! I bet that one put a big smile on your face. :yes:

:congrats:

sfox54
10-25-2013, 06:49 PM
great finds i am jealous..lol like that token too

z118
10-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Wow, congrats! That's a pretty big first right there! It took me year and years to find a barber quarter. Remember all that complaining you were doing about what a slow year this was for find? lol Seems to be turning into quite the year after all!

milco
10-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Nice hunt! Congrats on the Barber quarter! It is an awesome feeling when you dig something up and are not sure what it is and it turns out to be something awesome like that!

bob_e99
10-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Thank you Dan. It is quite nippy in the morning but I'll keep at it until they pry my frozen fingers from my digger.

[quote=Tony Two-Cent link=topic=14516.msg152344#msg152344 date=1382744120]
Congrats on your first Barber Quarter, Bob! <:

One of the most exciting coins to dig, in my opinion! I bet that one put a big smile on your face. :yes:

:congrats:

Tony, that smile is still on my face and it is a fun coin to dig for sure. It's amazing how a nice find can make a person feel good. Especially an unexpected one. There were no indications (no wheats and no silver dimes) to indicate something like this was still in the dirt.

great finds i am jealous..lol like that token too

I still feel like that when I see some of the awesome finds posted on this site. The cure is a LOT of :detecting: time.

Wow, congrats! That's a pretty big first right there! It took me year and years to find a barber quarter. Remember all that complaining you were doing about what a slow year this was for find? lol Seems to be turning into quite the year after all!

Thanks Matt. And yes, the year started off just horrific in so many ways. After the beach vacation I decided to try some really weird areas and some have paid off. This one was a bit unexpected being in a softball field.

Nice hunt! Congrats on the Barber quarter! It is an awesome feeling when you dig something up and are not sure what it is and it turns out to be something awesome like that!

It most certainly is and it is an addictive feeling that you just want to repeat time and time again.

Thank you everyone for your comments.

Happy hunting.