PDA

View Full Version : Silver goal reached time to slow down

wisconsin digger
10-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Last Sunday I was able to find my 300th Silver with a 1952 Rosie. With that done it was time to slow down and hunt for those deep ones. Spent the day yesterday in the old Church woods in hopes of finding some really old coins. Had a very slow start with few signals but did manage a deep wheatie and a 1918 Buffalo. About the time I was ready to call it quits I got a really tight 12-47 that was nice and constant. Around 7-8 down I found what I thought was a really early Barber dime but as luck would have it the barber was a really wore 1908 with half of an &quot:daydream: mintmark. I filled the hole and moved the coil an inch and found a really nice Merc at the same depth. It's amazing how much a dirty Merc looks like a seated dime. Darkness got the better of me but at least the day hit on a few older silver. Love the fall I hope I can swing another week or two. Wisconsin Digger

This Weds. I actually was hunting in a white out snow storm that lasted all of two minutes. Brrrrrr

bob_e99
10-25-2013, 06:17 PM
:congrats: on reaching 300 for the silver. That is VERY impressive :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

And :congrats: on this hunt which was pretty nice in and of itself.

Ill Digger
10-25-2013, 06:30 PM
300!?! :omg: Holy cow! :wow:
I thought I did pretty good with 111 silvers a couple of years ago. :shocked01: :envious:
Congrats on the milestone! :clapping:

Man, you Wisconsin boys got some good hunting ground. :envious: There must only be a couple of detectorist up there. :dontknow: ..... :poke: lol
Or maybe it's because the goodies are locked up in frost for half the year. 8/ lol

This Weds. I actually was hunting in a white out snow storm that lasted all of two minutes. Brrrrrr

It's comin' soon. :frozen: ..... :girlcry:

Tony Two-Cent
10-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Congrats on reaching 300 silvers! That's an amazing accomplishment! :wow:

sfox54
10-25-2013, 06:46 PM
i am only 299 behind you...found my first silver coin today a 1942 merc

wisconsin digger
10-25-2013, 09:58 PM
We are afforded some great areas to hunt but we don't have a lot of the age that other parts of the country (143 Merc's and 72 Rosies) have especially the upper east coast. I will say I have only run into two other detectorists this year and one of them was someone who just got their first detector. This was my first year with the Etrac and I am expecting far less silver next year but hopefully some older stuff along the way. The 5+ months of NO hunting keeps the silver in the ground as well. Wisconsin Digger

giant056
10-26-2013, 06:36 AM
Fantastic on the 300th silver goal, you made some really nice finds there!
:congrats:

del
10-27-2013, 03:24 PM
you don't have to be on the east coast to make great finds Wisconsin Digger
an early barber is proof of that |:cheering: |:cheering: congrats on some great coins :peace:

aloldstuff
10-30-2013, 07:08 AM
WOW 300 silvers is surely a great accomplishment. Wisconsin hunting season must be shorter than other areas of the country.

Hitting 300 is not the time to slow down....... |:cheering: