PDA

View Full Version : Long shot

pulltabsteve
10-25-2013, 05:11 PM
I work at a private golf club. I'm having my 4th cup of morning coffee when I get a phone call from the GM. He asks if I'd like to do some metal detecting. First question I ask is what he lost. He tells me a member lost his watch. A $10,000.00 Rolex! I said sure, any idea where? He said no... >:{ The member took off his watch so it wouldn't break and put it in the pouch in his golf bag for safe keeping. He played all 27 holes yesterday and when he got back realized he didn't zipper the pouch closed. He lost the watch, a few balls and a sandwich. 250+ acres.

Yesterday the guys cut fairways, greens, tees and 50% of the rough. Obviously, carts are not permitted on greens or tees so that leaves the rough , fairways or cart paths. If it was lost on a fairway, Im sure it was picked up by now because it would be easy to see. Height of cut on the fairways are .400. Our rough is 4 height of cut. If it dropped down far enough there is a chance the rough mower missed chewing it up.

If its in the rough its only going to be found by visual. Way too much area to cover. I took a slow drive around the cart paths today with no luck.

del
10-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Hey Steve ask him what his normal swing pattern is (slicer or hooker) and check the hilly-est areas of the course with a cart these would probably give you the most probably places to check . personally a gold rolex is pretty easy to spot in the grass and people have a tendency to be looking on the ground anyways at a course , i say someone already found it .