PDA

View Full Version : Saturday hunt back to the woods

bob_e99
10-26-2013, 06:35 PM
I decided to head back to the woods and got the first coin curse. I headed to this picnic area which was hunted previously judging from all the open holes left behind. Fortunately I worked my way out and about 30 feet from the tables I found a fire truck and not too far from that my first coin, a silver Rosie. As my son has indicated, that first coin being good usually means it's down hill from there and it proved true as I only got clad and a thimble for the rest of the hunt. How a thimble gets out in the woods amazes me but still a fun find. I don't know if it's silver (I don't think it is).

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=4]

I also found several boy scout tie clips. They seem to lose quite a few of these.

[attachimg=5]

I also found the mate to the toilet seat posted in another tread. I don't know how anyone carried that into the woods. There were no nearby trails.

[attachimg=6]

And finally, after a hard days work with not too much to show for it, this is the only 'tanks' I got.

[attachimg=7]

lol

Thanks for looking.

Epi-hunter
10-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Nice finds! I love that first photo of the site. Those are the kind of areas that I love to detect!

I have a pail full of those Boy Scout tie things that I've found over the years.Sometimes I wonder if they intentionally lose them. lol

Full Metal Digger
10-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Nice finds but I think the thimble is your best find! It looks silver to me. It's on my bucket list so naturally I'm a bit envious of yours. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

JdsCoins
10-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Great hunt! :grin:

the thimble looks sterling for sure like Dave mentioned.

LOL on the commode. I dug a handle to one a week back and thought that was bad. And you found the whole thing :hysterical:

And wow, that picnic table at the edge of the woods really reminded me of a place I hunted last year. Deja vu!

Keep swinging! :detecting:

z118
10-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Nice digs! That looks like a nice spot. The thimble looks pretty good; have you checked it closely for any marks?

OxShoeDrew
10-27-2013, 05:21 PM
A little bit of everything. Nicely done...Tanks :grin:

Tony Two-Cent
10-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Great hunt report and decent finds! I agree that the thimble looks like silver. :yes:

aloldstuff
10-30-2013, 06:54 AM
I also have to agree that the thimble looks silver. Like Daddydigger that item is also on my wish list. Looks like a great site to hunt and that toilet is a puzzling situation. It could have been the 1st prototype of a portapotty.........

bob_e99
10-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Nice finds! I love that first photo of the site. Those are the kind of areas that I love to detect!

I have a pail full of those Boy Scout tie things that I've found over the years.Sometimes I wonder if they intentionally lose them. lol

I was thinking of your statement today as I found three more of those things. I'm wondering if it's the start of my pail full lol

Nice digs! That looks like a nice spot. The thimble looks pretty good; have you checked it closely for any marks?

I did check it and only the number 8 with a strange symbol is on the thimble.

A little bit of everything. Nicely done...Tanks :grin:

At last, someone who sees the humor! :grin:

I also have to agree that the thimble looks silver. Like Daddydigger that item is also on my wish list. Looks like a great site to hunt and that toilet is a puzzling situation. It could have been the 1st prototype of a portapotty.........

Now that was just too funny! rofl rofl rofl

Thank you all for taking time to comment on my post.