PDA

View Full Version : New F70

Dimeman
10-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Got a new Fisher F70 Friday---Saturday morning went out and tried it out. Set it up, groundbalanced in a totlot and started swinging. 5 swings ---and I got a signal.......looked down at the woodchips and saw this ring.
Not a bad start !!!!!

Coinshooter
10-28-2013, 12:05 PM
I read your other thread looks like you had a very productive day!! Im also a Fisher user.

coinnut
10-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Nice find. Is it stainless or titanium? :thinkingabout: Nice looking design too. thumbsup01

Dimeman
11-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Nice find. Is it stainless or titanium? :thinkingabout: Nice looking design too. thumbsup01

Stainless and a spinner also !!

Vito
11-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Yup. That's a great start. How do you like the balance of the F70?

BOWSER
09-24-2015, 08:56 PM
I now own a t2 .what a beast it may take me up to a year to figure it out. it doesnt lock on to signals it seems to bounce around a lot. More sensitive than my last girlfriend. I did pulla silver merc out at 8 inches tho. Wish me luck.

Cheap Thrills
09-25-2015, 12:26 AM
I now own a t2 .what a beast it may take me up to a year to figure it out. it doesnt lock on to signals it seems to bounce around a lot. More sensitive than my last girlfriend. I did pulla silver merc out at 8 inches tho. Wish me luck.

With a dime at 10" you're already doing something right . The T2 is a bit skittish and takes a while to lock on ; the big thing with that is ; that you have to make sure you are keeping the coil very level to the ground all through the swing , once you start getting on that tone , go slow ,shorten the strokes and go over the target several times this helps give you the ability lock on .After doing this a few hunts you will be able to " stretch" the signals out to were they settle down to one main tone making it easier to identify your target .I would suggest while learning the T2 use only the T2 otherwise it will seem strange to you longer .I would have kept mine if I would have bought it new and had the five year warranty on it .I had read on several forums of how expensive the repairs were . I also wasn't thrilled on the using one washer set up for the coil and the rod and how thin the ears were on the stock coil.I would hope they have since remedied this . I never put in the time the time and patience to master it but others like Ox Shoe Drew have and do quite well . .
The new release of the old classic Green T2 for $499.00 is a heck of a deal .The great separation and the quick response of the T2 will surprise you .Best of luck to you .:thumbsup01: