PDA

View Full Version : SLUMP OVER! KGII & a SWEET WATCH WINDER

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-27-2013, 07:50 PM
last 3 weeks have been sub par if anything.Todd & myself haven't had much of anything to post.Saturday was a major bust.no buttons,no coins no nothin but a nice heavy hand forged scythe.usually when i find them they are light gauged iron.this one is heavy duty! so I kept this one.
Today we tried a few new sites.was a beautiful day.even the snakes were out! the sites were hit pretty good but snuck out a few keepers.a few buttons one being a small thistle motiff cuff button.a large musketball,a very old lead spoon(not pewter bends so easy & heavy!),a pretty toasted KGII copper and i thought the watch winder was going to be gold it rang low 33 VDI i can see it's a heavy gold filled.not a single scratch on the amythest colored stone.some nice ornate design work on it as well.looks very similiar in design to one i dug awhile ago.Todd nabbed a few nice relics saturday so hopefully he posts in the next few days.
Ticks are out bad.be safe out there!

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-27-2013, 07:51 PM
here's the other watch winder thats similiar i dug awhile back.this purple glass is all scratched

Tony Two-Cent
10-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Wow, a great bunch of finds Dave, but I really love that watch winder! It's gorgeous! :loveit:

chief5709
10-28-2013, 04:28 AM
They're back!! Great finds! the watch winder is a :perfect10:

OxShoeDrew
10-28-2013, 04:32 AM
Nice way to end a slump. Now if Stephen Drew could end his slump. That winder is sweet. |:cheering:

tanacat
10-28-2013, 06:55 AM
:clapping: Wow not reading your post at first-I was sure the watch winder was solid gold :white:usaflag::

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-28-2013, 07:07 AM
thanks everyone. Tana I thought it was too the whole ride home :hysterical:

The Rebel
10-28-2013, 08:09 AM
WTG Dave! Always feels good to get back on the copper train. Looks like the Grim Reaper dropped his blade. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-28-2013, 08:37 AM
WTG Dave! Always feels good to get back on the copper train. Looks like the Grim Reaper dropped his blade. thumbsup01

thanks Rog! just in time for halloween.I couldn't even imagine swingin this beast all day long :shocked01:

Lodge Scent
10-28-2013, 11:20 AM
That winder rocks! Nice buttons too!

Men were men back in those days to be able to use those heavy iron tools all day. I get sore and tired after swinging a perfectly balanced 5 lb metal detector for 8 hours.

del
10-28-2013, 01:41 PM
wow Dave , where was my phone call friday night ?? let me guess you were busy washing your hair ? lost my number ?? had to save us all from the evil copper menace plaguing the north east?? lol lol just busting ya buddy , i was pretty busy over the weekend :yes:

hey the winder is an odd one , very pretty with the gold and stone but odd as it seems a bit large for a pocket watch is all . congrats on breaking your copper slump |:cheering: |:cheering:

Dan

Thiltzy
10-28-2013, 02:42 PM
I guess your eyes weren't playing tricks, the design on the winder is sweet. Nice find

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-28-2013, 04:31 PM
wow Dave , where was my phone call friday night ?? let me guess you were busy washing your hair ? lost my number ?? had to save us all from the evil copper menace plaguing the north east?? lol lol just busting ya buddy , i was pretty busy over the weekend :yes:

hey the winder is an odd one , very pretty with the gold and stone but odd as it seems a bit large for a pocket watch is all . congrats on breaking your copper slump |:cheering: |:cheering:

Dan

Dan,sorry about that..I figured since Greg wasn't coming you were gonna hit one of your top secret honeyholes with the G man :confused:

RobW
10-31-2013, 08:50 AM
:shocked03: :shocked03: :shocked03: :shocked03:..what a sweet watch winder!!!!!!! Is that a genuine stone?

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-31-2013, 07:03 PM
:shocked03: :shocked03: :shocked03: :shocked03:..what a sweet watch winder!!!!!!! Is that a genuine stone?

thanks! not sure if the stone is real or glass? there's no scratches on the surface of stone so,i'm wonderin :confused:

coinnut
10-31-2013, 07:42 PM
thanks! not sure if the stone is real or glass? there's no scratches on the surface of stone so,i'm wonderin :confused:

Glass usually get scratched fairly easy. It's probably an Amethyst

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-01-2013, 11:15 AM

Dan

Dan here's another watch winder somebody posted on another forum.it's showing where these were attached to the chain

i suppose both mine could be colonial era
http://www.rubylane.com/item/419645-212-0615B/French-Gold-Enamel-18th-Century