PDA

View Full Version : One Cent-Two Cent-Three Cent-Four!

Bell-Two
10-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Today Doug came down and joined Diane and me to go out for a field hunt. Taking advantage of a nice day I decided to head back to a field I only got to hunt once last year and where the only good find was an Indian head. My research last year showed that there was a house here and one in the adjoining field but I only got permission late in the year so did not have much chance to hunt it. We spent about an hour hunting this field with the only item being a harmonica reed found by Diane. We moved over to the next field and went to the area I thought the house should be no brick, no glass, no china…nothing…virtually no signals…not even iron. Doug and I went around broadening the scope of the search. Diane was behind us and still in the area where I originally thought the house should be. She finally got my attention and gave me a signal…our sign for a Large Cent! Doug and I quickly made our way over to her and she showed us her find a crusty Large Cent! We all started combing this area…but still no signals…until Doug called out that he just dug a Large Cent! We all redoubled our efforts but still not a decent signal until Doug called again and said “Let’s do a live dig video on this one” he was right to do so because another Large Cent was in the hole! Again we hunted for about a half hour and I had that left out feeling until I got a decent signal, calling Doug and Diane over I said to Doug “Check this signal do you think we ought to do a live dig on this one?” I had a smile on my face and he looked at me and said “You bet were doing a live dig!” Our faith was vindicated when the fourth Large Cent came out of the field. After a bit I got a buckle and Doug did too. After that virtually no signals at all it seems if it was not a Large Cent then there was nothing. I doubt if Doug will ever get a date from his, Diane’s is an 1845 I can just make out the 5 on the end looking through my loupe. Mine has a clear 1846 Date. We decided to check out another field as the time was getting short, the only find was a token from North American Aviation celebrating their 25th anniversary in 1953 this company North American Aviation was a major US aerospace manufacturer, responsible for a number of historic aircraft, including the T-6 Texan trainer, the P-51 Mustang fighter, the B-25 Mitchell bomber, the F-86 Sabre jet fighter, the X-15 rocket plane, and the XB-70, as well as Apollo Command and Service Module, the second stage of the Saturn V rocket, the Space Shuttle orbiter and the B-1 Lancer. Through a series of mergers and sales, North American Aviation became part of Rockwell International and is now part of Boeing.

Hunting With Bell-Two #126 One Cent-Two Cent-Three Cent- Fou (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9rc0NIRZsA&feature=em-upload_owner#)

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-28-2013, 08:23 PM
very nice hunt everyone! nice when everyone goes home happy

coinnut
10-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Definitely gets exciting when a big green disk shows up lol Nice finds everyone. Fields are feast or famine, but I love the ease of detecting them.

Tony Two-Cent
10-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Large Cents for everyone! :happy:

That's great, Tony! I'm glad that all three of you were able to make some good finds. I watched the video last night and it was very enjoyable.

Neat token too!

:congrats:

OxShoeDrew
10-29-2013, 04:49 PM
I can see why you'd need signals....that field is huge! Pretty cool token too. |:cheering:

Lodge Scent
10-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Great digs for all thumbsup01 Love that aviation token :yes: