PDA

View Full Version : SOLO CELLAR HOLE HUNT ON MOUNTAIN

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-13-2010, 07:01 PM
headed up the mountain to a site i knew of near a main rd.a few targets.no coppers and mostly buttons. a lightning rod that i straightened out and i thought i had a cool hexagon shaped token when dug but,when i cleaned her up it was blank.wonder if it was gonna be a token but never made it to final stamping? :confused: i think the benedict & burnham ornate button may be the oldest?
a long freakin hike i tell ya :-\
no detecting for me this weekend..g/f coming up so...good luck to you all!
dave

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-13-2010, 07:04 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-13-2010, 07:05 PM
last pics

angellionel
05-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Cool buttons, Dave. There are some neat designs there. :yes:

coinnut
05-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Some nice buttons there Dave. I think that hexagon one should be a coat or cloak button. I've found a couple like that. No evidence of a shank?? Hey at least you lost 5 lbs walking lol and got a couple of nice buttons out of the deal. Because of your close proximinity to the button makers....you get some excellent examples down there. Yours are always decorated and in pretty good shape too. You must have enough designed buttons for a good size display by now. :yes:

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-14-2010, 02:22 AM
Some nice buttons there Dave. I think that hexagon one should be a coat or cloak button. I've found a couple like that. No evidence of a shank?? Hey at least you lost 5 lbs walking lol and got a couple of nice buttons out of the deal. Because of your close proximinity to the button makers....you get some excellent examples down there. Yours are always decorated and in pretty good shape too. You must have enough designed buttons for a good size display by now. :yes:

thanks G.i don't see any evidence of where a shank woulda been

sjv
05-14-2010, 06:52 AM
lol I also found a Benedict & Burnham. The one you and I have date from 1834- 1843.
Here's a pic of mine:
Business boomed during the Wars since 1812. They are Waterbury button CO. now. Google button Backmarks. Congrats dude. I called them and the guy in the historical Dept. was very interested in mine.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-14-2010, 08:10 AM
lol I also found a Benedict & Burnham. The one you and I have date from 1834- 1843.
Here's a pic of mine:
Business boomed during the Wars since 1812. They are Waterbury button CO. now. Google button Backmarks. Congrats dude. I called them and the guy in the historical Dept. was very interested in mine.

they all are interested in our items.
not trying to sound negative but that brass waterbury clock paycheck i found they wanted me to donate and i mentioned i had a victorian wtby clock that needed a large hand..she goes oh the clock repairman we have on premises is very expensive :shocked04:
ok so....i'm thinkin.what a nice curator huh? :confused: ya want me to donate a brass paycheck to the wtby clock museum(that she never has seen one ever..mind you) and she can't offer to put a stinkin hand on my clock and adjust it so it keeps proper time?
needless to say this item is staying in my collection thumbsup01

coinnut
05-14-2010, 11:29 AM
they all are interested in our items.
not trying to sound negative but that brass waterbury clock paycheck i found they wanted me to donate and i mentioned i had a victorian wtby clock that needed a large hand..she goes oh the clock repairman we have on premises is very expensive :shocked04:
ok so....i'm thinkin.what a nice curator huh? :confused: ya want me to donate a brass paycheck to the wtby clock museum(that she never has seen one ever..mind you) and she can't offer to put a stinkin hand on my clock and adjust it so it keeps proper time?
needless to say this item is staying in my collection thumbsup01

Give it to me and I'll glue a clock hand on for you. Just tell me what time you want it to read rofl Isn't that the truth. People these days want your stuff but are unwilling to give you anything in return :rolleyes: That is why all of my stuff stays here :beatdown: Those manufacturing dates on those buttons are very early for a two piece buttons :shocked04: That is why they are interested in them. Next time tell them you got them at a tag sale, so they don't try and get them from you, using some little known antiquities law or something. ;)

tanacat
05-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Nice buttons you got there :) & love the bottle! I'm curious about the hexagon piece too...