PDA

View Full Version : The Good, The Clad and The Ugly

bob_e99
10-30-2013, 01:00 PM
I got out for another hunt on Tuesday after getting skunked on Monday and managed some silver.

The GOOD
[attachimg=1]

The CLAD
[attachimg=2]

The UGLY
[attachimg=3]

The good included a couple of wheats, a dollar coin and a neat ring.
[attachimg=4] [attachimg=5]

I don't think there is any age to this button and my hunch is that it's from a peacoat. I tried to research it but there are thousands of variations of this type of button.
[attachimg=6] [attachimg=7]

Now the neat thing about the ring is that if you noticed from the pictures that there is something inside the ring.
[attachimg=8] [attachimg=9]

It says 'GEORGIVS VI D:G:boxing:R:OMN:REX F:cheesysmile::IND:IMP'. This really had me going for a bit until it occurred to me that they made rings from coins and so after some research I found what I'm pretty sure is the coin. The position of the date prevents it from showing up inside the ring.

[attachimg=10]
[attachimg=11]

This made what I thought was an ordinary ring into a pretty cool find.

Thanks for looking and HH to all.

z118
10-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Holy crap that coin ring is a SWEET find!!! Old coins are great and silver rings are great but when you get both in one find that is something to talk about. That's the sort of one of a kind awesome find that I love above all others. It would be so cool to know the particular story behind that item. Huge congrats!

Tony Two-Cent
10-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Yes, you found a coin ring and it's AWESOME! :loveit:

Wow, that's a terrific find! I have never found a coin ring, it's high on my bucket list.

:congrats:

aloldstuff
10-30-2013, 02:55 PM
The coin ring the find of the day. :smitten: One of those is also on my wish list and huge :congrats: to you for finding one.

sfox54
10-30-2013, 03:15 PM
love that ring sure is a long ways from its home!! coin rings thats what i am getting for my sisters for christmas with the year of their birth showing...sadly they'll not be aussie coins

wisconsin digger
10-30-2013, 06:10 PM
The ring is awesome especially being a Canadian coin. I've seen videos on making those, they make it look way easier than it probably is. Nice job on the finds. Wisconsin Digger