PDA

View Full Version : Karma from Daddydigger on Gold

wisconsin digger
10-30-2013, 06:06 PM
I read with interest Daddy Diggers account of his 1st Gold ring with his Etrac. I can relate as I have used the Etrac all summer and found NO gold until Tuesday. I was wasting some time waiting to pickup my son when I got the lousiest signal I've dug all year. I was finding some nickels with weaker signals so I dug a real crappy 9-12 signal that was bouncing all over. I cut the plug and found a nice 10K Class ring at the bottom of the hole. Now I know why I have found no gold. Under normal circumstances I would never dig that signal and probably won't dig it much in the future but it was nice to see that gold in the hole once. Hit on a rusty Merc as well before leaving. Got out today for a couple of hours and found 3 more silver disc's and a handful of Wheaties. Nice weather yet almost hit 60 today. Wisconsin Digger
PS the ring was from my brothers class so I may be able to locate the owner. I'll send a pic if I do get it returned.

coinnut
10-30-2013, 06:50 PM
I've noticed two reasons why gold does not come in well on the E Trac. One is low sensitivity. While auto +3 may run smooth, it also produces more iffy, bouncy signals under certain situations., depth being one of them. The other thing I noticed is that any ring that has a band that is broken does not read as well as one that is complete. These are things that happened to me in my area and soil.

wisconsin digger
10-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Sounds like you are right on as this ring had a break in the band. Thx for the insight. Sounds stupid but I'll stick to those nice high silver signals. Wisconsin Digger

coinnut
10-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Sounds stupid but I'll stick to those nice high silver signals. Wisconsin Digger

I would too lol You will find way more silver than gold anyways. It's all about time management ;)

Full Metal Digger
10-30-2013, 08:36 PM
No problem sharing the karma. Anything to help a brother! Good job on finding the ring. I hope you are able to track down the original owner too. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

milco
10-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Sweet finds, congrats on the gold and good luck on the research/return!

Tony Two-Cent
10-31-2013, 08:58 AM
That's a really nice gold ring! Congrats on the find, and I hope that you are able to make someone's day by finding the owner.

:perfect10: