PDA

View Full Version : 4 visits to new site: 140 wheats, 15 silver coins, silver and gold rings!

mdakin
10-31-2013, 03:04 PM
So a friend and I began exploring an unused area of an older park. The first trip netted almost 60 wheat penny's and 6 silver coins. We had been hunting with heavy discrimination, only digging high end signals. (the area is extremely trashy, TONS of screw caps) We were a bit taken aback by how many wheat penny's there were. Subsequent visits, 4 total for me, and 2 total for my friend yielded 140 wheat's and 15 silver coins, along with the 2 rings shown in the pics on this post. It wasn't until this last solo visit by me that things really started rocking!!! I had still been detecting with discrimination until I found the v-nickel 3 wheat spill. At that point I decided I was going to circle around the hole with no discrimination and dig every signal. (we had discussed doing this in a 10'X 10' area to see what the trash was hiding from us) I'm glad I did, my first signal after was the gold and silver wire ring. 30 minutes later, and maybe a 15'X15' area later I had 4 buffalo nickels 2 war nickels, some junk jewelry, and of course that very nice gold and silver ring!!! I can't wait to go back and start digging everything, though near the end I started to go over a trashy area and was getting a ton of screw caps again. Enjoy the pics.

del
10-31-2013, 03:33 PM
very sweet finds Matt , love the gold and silver ring :perfect10:

Tony Two-Cent
10-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Wow! That's a ton of nice finds from one site! 140 wheat cents?! HOLY COW!

I really like that gold & silver wire ring! :loveit:

I bet there is a lot more there. :yes:

:congrats:

sfox54
10-31-2013, 04:40 PM
i dream of hunts like these!!!140 wheats,,i think i am up to 20 in my first year...i would probably lose sleep until i could get back there again...lol way to go

leslie(nova scotia)
11-01-2013, 06:34 AM
You have to be one with your machine. Dig them all...whatthe halibut. Nice selection of finds. <;)

RobW
11-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Sounds like you got a fun site. thumbsup01 Very unusual gold/silver ring, I like it :congrats:

SeabeeRon
11-01-2013, 10:15 AM
WOW! That is a great haul for 4 hunts and all at one site!! |:confused:) Congratz! :clapping:

Bell-Two
11-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Man did you have a wheelbarrow to haul away that load?!

PL8MAN
11-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Great bunch of finds ! thumbsup01

Ill Digger
11-02-2013, 01:03 AM
:omg: What a couple of hunts.... and finds! :shocked04:
Like the others have said... the gold & silver twisted wire ring is just sweet! :loveit:
Plus the sterling ring, and all those old coins.... :daydream:
Good call on checking-out the other part of the park! thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:

.... I had still been detecting with discrimination until I found the v-nickel 3 wheat spill. At that point I decided I was going to circle around the hole with no discrimination and dig every signal. (we had discussed doing this in a 10'X 10' area to see what the trash was hiding from us)
You say no discrimination.... :thinkingabout: Did you dig alot of iron as well? Any goodies sitting on top of or next to iron? ::huh::

milco
11-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Wow! I would pound that place for years. Have you looked at old aerial imagery from the 1930-40's to see what was in that unused section of the park?

mdakin
11-02-2013, 10:19 AM
:omg: What a couple of hunts.... and finds! :shocked04:
Like the others have said... the gold & silver twisted wire ring is just sweet! :loveit:
Plus the sterling ring, and all those old coins.... :daydream:
Good call on checking-out the other part of the park! thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:
You say no discrimination.... :thinkingabout: Did you dig alot of iron as well? Any goodies sitting on top of or next to iron? ::huh::

I was listening to all signals including iron sounds. I didn't dig any iron signals, but anything above iron I did. Prior to that, I had discriminated out everything but screw cap and higher sounds.

Dimeman
11-02-2013, 04:21 PM
You got a good mixture of items !!!!! Congrats on a great hunt !!!! :perfect10: :perfect10:

coinnut
11-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Nice looking finds Matt. :shocked03: That is a ton of wheats lol Junky areas have potential if you don't mind listening to a lot of sounds. That place will keep you busy for a while

mdakin
11-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Thanks all for the nice feedback, I'm really enjoying this site. Here's a link to my fifth visit to it. http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=14617.0

AmxFred
11-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Very impressive! :perfect10: