PDA

View Full Version : Short hunt after work, found some new cellar holes

Thiltzy
11-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Had to work a 1/2 day today so I only had a couple of hours to check out new site that I found recently. Actually, I did not know for sure if there would even be a cellar hole in this area. I had to hike up a mountain to get to the area and my instincts were spot on. In fact there were 3 cellar holes in this area and maybe more to find.

I scouted the area around the 1st cellar hole looking for dig holes and iron piled on rocks. No signs of prior cellar hole hunters :clapping: Immediately I found a flat button just under the leaf cover and thought just maybe... could this be virgin? 6 more flat buttons, a jews harp, drawer pull and a knob with the letter C in script writing on it was all I found after 2 hours of hunting. My guess is it's been hit before :hairpulling: Started getting dark so I walked the area and found two more cellar holes near the old road and both looked pretty trashy :thinkingabout:

del
11-02-2013, 06:25 PM
not a bad initial start Todd , hope you get some coppers from there

coinnut
11-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Don't worry, Dan and I have found some sites that looked like they were hit good. If you found those targets, some coppers are sure to show up at that site. They cherry picked too strictly, and left a lot of good hits. Some of those targets could have been Indians, Half dimes, etc... So don't write it off yet.

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-03-2013, 05:34 AM
I agree gotta be more there! cool recon hunt! |:cheering: