PDA

View Full Version : $11.85 in clad

sfox54
11-03-2013, 01:39 PM
no wheaties ...no silver...3 canadian pennies :confused: met 2 older fellows out detecting, with over 60 years experience between them...i did alot of listening and picked up some good pointers. a beautiful crisp fall morning!

del
11-03-2013, 06:29 PM
thats alot of digging right there a good hunt |:cheering: |:cheering:, I hope the two gentlemen shared some of their trade secrets with ya :yes:

sfox54
11-03-2013, 07:49 PM
well dell they gave me some answers about coils. one guy had an e trac with a huge double d coil and the other fellow had a small coil maybe 5 or 6 inch. my teknetics came with an 8 inch concentric coil. i told them i am thinking of getting a double d coil and they both said i would be happy i did, and they explained how mine shot down like a cone and the difference with the double d. every coin i found today i plucked out with a phillips screwdriver. i am waiting on delivery of my new garrett edge digger and a rain/dust cover. over the winter i am going to order the double d coil...oh yeah a pair of knee pads too...all paid with clad finds

sfox54
11-03-2013, 09:47 PM
all tumbled

Longhair
11-03-2013, 10:09 PM
over the winter i am going to order the double d coil...oh yeah a pair of knee pads too...all paid with clad finds
Keep having days like this and it will be a drop in the bucket. You're cleaning up! thumbsup01

coinMD64
11-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Congrats on your clad coin haul!!! I myself dug lots of clad coins mostly at school yards and parks in last two years. I havent tumbled those of my clad coins yet. They are in two plastic coffee containers.

Lowjiber
11-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Ain't flippin' great? Nice day's work!

I'm a snob. If it's clad and I can't flip it, it stays for the next guy.

BTW: You don't need a custom flippin' stick. Here's the ninety-nine cent screwdriver that I've used for years...

I can count the money in your pocket with that puppy. :rolleyes:

sfox54
11-06-2013, 05:03 PM
thanks lowjiber...liked ....i can count the money in your pocket. on another forum someguy felt it was a mortal sin to use such a technique as it might scratch a rare old national treasured coin! of course i am adding to his comments a bit but he was ...so..against it. and at least weekly you can find posts where old coins get nicked it happens....i din't even give this guy a response ...he wouldnt have understood...figured i'd save that reath to pluck another wheatie

Lowjiber
11-07-2013, 09:38 AM
...On another forum someguy felt it was a mortal sin to use such a technique as it might scratch a rare old national treasured coin! of course i am adding to his comments a bit but he was ...so..against it. and at least weekly you can find posts where old coins get nicked it happens....i din't even give this guy a response ...he wouldnt have understood...figured i'd save that reath to pluck another wheatie

I have a special place in my brain for those kind of people.