PDA

View Full Version : Tough hunt silver!

Beefcake
05-13-2010, 09:37 PM
I went to a new place tonight. I got permission from someone whom I bowl with. The house is over 100 years old, but I can't tell anything more than the shape of the place and the sandstone foundation. It has been renovated, added on to, and a pool put in...So, there was alot of ground moved around in the process. Targets were scarce! I spent 3 hours there and dug 5 signals!!! Fortunately, three were keepers. The first target I dug was an old trade token for a market worth 1 cent...The only target in the front yard. I moved to the back of the yard but this place was nothing but hill and steep too.. I figured someone must have went sled riding on the one part of the hill, so I focused on it because the rest of it you could barely stand upright on. I managed to eek out two rosies on the part I figured they went sledriding on... I then went to the small pond where I found the little gun... I'm happy with the silver and token, but I am looking forward to flat ground and more digging and less swinging...my arm hurts! Here's the pics...

coinnut
05-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Two silvers is a good hunt. Add a token and it a great hunt! Not a lot of targets but a couple more silver keepers for the pot lol Nice little gun...wonder if it was just a toy or a charm of some sort.

angellionel
05-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Very nice finds, BC! thumbsup01 I know what you mean about working those slopes and hills. Your arm can sure take a hit since it can be quite awkward swinging a detector there. :huh:

z118
05-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Nice! That little gun is a very cool find, and two silvers is icing on the cake. Congrats!

hoser
05-13-2010, 10:16 PM
BEtter you than me buddy. At my age those hills are killers. rofl Very nice finds for the effort too. What is the token made from, looks like aluminum in the pic. I would still go back and try it from a different direction. Where there are two Rosies, there are more. ;) Good going buddy. thumbsup01

Beefcake
05-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah, it's aluminum. Amazing how two tokens made from the same stuff can come out looking so different... ref. that Syrup Pepsin token the other day. I don't know if I'll go back out there...But...The owner may be able to get me into the yard of the oldest hotel in the little town... I love the whole network thing when detecting... Like Amway...without the soap!

Ill Digger
05-13-2010, 11:24 PM
... I love the whole network thing when detecting... Like Amway...without the soap!
rofl
Way to tough it out Beef!!
It looks like it was worth it :yes:
Love the token!!
Congrats :grin:

leslie(nova scotia)
05-14-2010, 04:52 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....sore equals silver. Good trade off and some nifty finds me bouy. What are you swinging....a sledgehamm? Hope you recover quickly so you can get at her again.

Lowjiber
05-14-2010, 05:47 AM
Four nice pieces Beef!!! You've really turned out the silver since getting the ET.

Congratulations!!!!

Epi-hunter
05-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Very nice Brian!!

That is a cute little gun. :)

xzlr8n
05-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Sounds like you had grueling hunt, but found the silver. Congrats on sticking it out and sniffing out the good stuff. thumbsup01