PDA

View Full Version : New Monthly Award Idea

z118
11-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Here's an idea for a new monthly award category - there are currently &quot:beerbuddy:est of awards in the coin, jewelry, and relic categories. How about a &quot:beerbuddy:iggest Heartbreak award? I think we all know the heart racing, stomach churning joy and heartbreak of the following:

The Nitro Find - as in pass the nitroglycerin tablets please, I'm having a heart attack. These are the finds that for a brief moment have you thinking you have found a something amazing, but turn out to be duds. As an example, I once found a gold colored coin at the bottom of a plug. It was a gold plated state quarter. >{

The So Good Yet So Bad Find - you finally find something old, rare, and amazing but it has been atypically ruined. Like coins that have been shot or have been through fires, rings that are horribly mangled or are missing large stones, etc.

The &quot:grin:id I Really Just Scratch That Find - you dig countless clad coins without dinging one of them, but then you find a pristine large cent and gouge it with your digger.

I'm sure there's many other examples. There's lots of funny, painful, and sometimes not so funny moments in this hobby. For me at least it's fun to share them here with folks who will understand the experience.

On second thought this probably wouldn't be a very fair award since I think I would win every month. lol

coinnut
11-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Too funny lol Don't forget the I thought I had permission, but found out later I didn't :shocked04: Or how about pictures of the busybody that snoops while you are detecting, and calls the cops every time :eyebrow:

Tony Two-Cent
11-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Or how about the guy who approaches you while you're detecting and says, You'll never find anything here. I've hunted this place out! And then ten minutes after he leaves you find a walking liberty half. This happened to me last year.

Yep, there should be an award for that one too! lol

Full Metal Digger
11-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Or how about the guy who approaches you while you're detecting and says, You'll never find anything here. I've hunted this place out! And then ten minutes after he leaves you find a walking liberty half. This happened to me last year.

Yep, there should be an award for that one too! lol

And Tony, don't forget the 2 guys were here and hunted this place pretty good and then the FIRST signal you get is a Walking Liberty Half! I'm still mad at you too. :girlcry:

Boulder
11-05-2013, 06:13 PM
One of my all-time favorites is Your Not Doing That Right :shocked04:verreaction: