PDA

View Full Version : Catching Up

jkress
11-05-2013, 12:59 AM
Fall is finally here again and I have been getting out a little more and more since the beginning of September. :smitten:

Before my trip the first week of September, my last one was to an old ball field on April 25th. crying01 I was happy to get
out a few more times in September and more so in October. :happydance01:

Besides a pile of Wheat cents, here are my recent finds...

• Fall silver -
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2013/pictures/picture-9.jpg

• A few, and one nice, Indian Head cents -
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2013/pictures/picture-11.jpg

• Silver ring. When I dug it, I figured it was silver. After cleaning it at home to find a 'Sterling' or '925',
I noticed something else to clue me in. lol
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2013/pictures/picture-10.jpg

... My first coin ring. It appears to be made from a Roosevelt. :rolleyes:

Thanks for looking folks. :)

milco
11-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Great finds Joe, glad to hear you're making out a bit. The coin ring is very cool!

Tony Two-Cent
11-05-2013, 09:16 AM
I sure have missed your posts, Joe! This place just isn't the same without you. :-\

It is so nice to see a hunt report from you! |:cheering:

Beautiful photos as always. Those green Indian Heads are just gorgeous, and they're older ones.

Very nice pile of silver, and I really love the coin ring too. I've never found one.

I hope you able to get out for more hunts this fall. Congrats on the finds, my friend! :clapping:

:perfect10:

midas
11-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Wow, great finds. especially the Indians. Where I am, the Indians come out all corroded. Basically, CoinStar fodder. Congrats.

coinnut
11-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Sweet silver Joe, but I like that '82 Indian too. What detail that one has :smitten: Some good finds and even better that you had time for some hunting.

RobW
11-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Love that coin ring...very cool :cool:

del
11-05-2013, 02:12 PM
I sure have missed your posts, Joe! This place just isn't the same without you. :-\

It is so nice to see a hunt report from you! |:cheering:

I couldn't of said it any better than Tony , i hope we see more very soon from you Joe :perfect10:

Johan K
11-06-2013, 11:30 AM
:congrats: on that ring ! Never seen one before !

jkress
11-07-2013, 02:21 AM
Great finds Joe, glad to hear you're making out a bit. The coin ring is very cool!

Thank you Darren. :) I have enjoyed following your 'tear out' hunts this year. :smitten:
Hopefully we'll get to hunt together soon. :beerbuddy:

Those green Indian Heads are just gorgeous, and they're older ones.

Yep, I definitely prefer digging an IH instead of a Rosie. :blush: Ron said he is worried that I am going to start throwing the rosies away. lol

I really love the coin ring too. I've never found one.

I hope you able to get out for more hunts this fall. Congrats on the finds, my friend! :clapping:

This is my first coin ring... of course it figures to be a rosie. rofl
I have a few more hunt planned for this fall, the next one I am really looking forward too. :-> Just a few days away... see you there. <:

Wow, great finds. especially the Indians. Where I am, the Indians come out all corroded. Basically, CoinStar fodder. Congrats.

Thanks John. We get our fair share of corroded IH's too. However, in the right Iowa soil = = = :happydance01: .

I like the phrase, CoinStar fodder. :hysterical: You should patent this. :)

Sweet silver Joe, but I like that '82 Indian too. What detail that one has :smitten: Some good finds and even better that you had time for some hunting.

Thank you George. My favorite is the '82 too. :smitten:
You are right, my finds are nice but being out there swinging the coil is the real keeper. :)

Love that coin ring...very cool :cool:

Me too, my first. :smitten: Thanks Rob.

I hope we see more very soon from you Joe :perfect10:

Hi buddy. :waving: Hopefully I'll get my coil over a few very worthy posts. :yes:

We've got about a month here in our part of Iowa... but it is going to be a good month!!!!! :peace:

:congrats: on that ring ! Never seen one before !

Thank you Johan. I appreciate it. thumbsup01
This is my first one. :happydance01:

bob_e99
11-07-2013, 07:00 PM
:wow:

What a great group of silvers and indian heads! And that coin ring is a great find.

:congrats:

I also always enjoy your pictures. Nice photography!