PDA

View Full Version : A Few Things From Two New Sites

Bell-Two
11-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Spent a few hours hunting a couple of new field sites, while not a lot of fantastic finds we got some keepers. One field I am going call the buckle field since we have found at least 10 buckles there. Diane got a nice brass name plate for the Cheyney Talking Machine Co. that dates from the early 1920's. I found a huge brass water faucet which is so cool I am saving it from the recycle bin. We went to another field and found a lot of bits of Harmonica reeds, what is it with Harmonicas, did they in the 1800's sit around and play Harmonicas all day long? Found more buckles and decorated brass and copper items. I found a very neat ladies' scarf slide which had initials engraved on it. Diane found a nice CW Eagle cuff button and I found the only coin, but a good one, an 1859 Fatty Indian!

RobW
11-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Very nice digs! thumbsup01 Don't see too many 59's coming up, very cool :cool:

OxShoeDrew
11-05-2013, 06:54 PM
I know right...play harmonicas all day then throw them in the field lol
Love that talking machine plate. Lots of old time relics there |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
11-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Those are some very interesting relics, Tony! I really like that name plate for the Cheney Talking Machine! Nice old button too!

And of course the 1859 fatty Indian Head is a great find too! It's in really good shape for a field find.

:congrats:

aloldstuff
11-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Some more great finds to add to your collection. Nice 59 fatty. :congrats:

Lodge Scent
11-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Pretty cool!