PDA

View Full Version : A 'lil silver & my 1st Navy button!

tanacat
05-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Hunted this afternoon at an old Bluegrass Trust Historic Building near my house and found an odd shaped 'bullet':huh: (anyone know bullets real well?) and my first Navy button and old key to add to my collection lol I'm sure we all have one, huh?

And the other day hunted my mom's yard to dig up a '60 D rosie and a pin (hammer?) I'm hoping it's part of the Croix De Guerre war medal I found last fall. I was looking for a star or wheat frond pin and found this in the vicinity... It looks like a hammer with spiral around the hammer. It crumbled a bit when I wiped it off- on the back is definately a claspy thing-a-ma-doo-hickey :) Does anyone know much about war medal pins?

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/frogtopia/101_6926.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/frogtopia/101_6928.jpg

Epi-hunter
05-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Congrats on the silver girl!! Great button too!

Call me when you get a chance.

I don't know Tana, but that key doesn't look real old. It looks like my house key with rust on it :poke: lol

Can't wait to see your post on Sunday night ;)

xzlr8n
05-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Doing great digging up the silver. Might be more at that site?? Congrats thumbsup01!!

tanacat
05-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Congrats on the silver girl!! Great button too!

Call me when you get a chance.

I don't know Tana, but that key doesn't look real old. It looks like my house key with rust on it :poke: lol

Can't wait to see your post on Sunday night ;)

Yeah we had a close call- to not get to go to that place on sunday because the Innkeepers had an annual meeting. They wanted to be there when we hunted. But Heather and I went and visited with the owners, had a tour of the grounds last night... It is a pretty small area that is mowed :-\ We joked what they would do if we came with our mower lol

In response to your siggy down below--- And I'm good enough, smart enough and gosh darnit, people like me!

tanacat
05-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Doing great digging up the silver. Might be more at that site?? Congrats thumbsup01!!

Thanks! I've found 6 wheats there dating '41-'58 there SHOULD be!!! lol I will not give up!

Epi-hunter
05-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah we had a close call- to not get to go to that place on sunday because the Innkeepers had an annual meeting. They wanted to be there when we hunted. But Heather and I went and visited with the owners, had a tour of the grounds last night... It is a pretty small area that is mowed :-\ We joked what they would do if we came with our mower lol

In response to your siggy down below--- And I'm good enough, smart enough and gosh darnit, people like me!

Stuart Smalley lol

I love the classic Saturday Night Live, the original ones, and I love Jack Handy. His quotes are so stupid and I remember them all, they make me laugh :)

What do you mean, only a small area is mowed? Isn't that whole yard mowed? It backs up to the.... well, you know where it backs up to. Those yards are huge!

It sounds like they wanted to walk around out there when you were detecting. I hate that.

tanacat
05-14-2010, 08:05 PM
It looks like a hammer with spiral around the hammer. It crumbled a bit when I wiped it off- on the back is definately a claspy thing-a-ma-doo-hickey :) Does anyone know much about war medal pins?

I'm surprised just how many choices hammer lapel pins on the internet! :shocked04: Most are gold and cost a pretty penny...

too bad this one's not gold lol

coinnut
05-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Start digging nails when they are watching you and they will laugh and leave pretty quick lol Then switch back to serious coin hunting mode rofl Nice silver Tana (I mean Tawna :rolleyes:) lol

tanacat
05-14-2010, 10:11 PM
What do you mean, only a small area is mowed? Isn't that whole yard mowed? It backs up to the.... well, you know where it backs up to. Those yards are huge!

Oh, I don't mean to complain, I feel honored to be invited by Heather! She's the one who sought out the place :yes: I was just thinking it was a bigger area, like a farm. It's about a half-acre mowed maybe?

Start digging nails when they are watching you and they will laugh and leave pretty quick lol Then switch back to serious coin hunting mode rofl Nice silver Tana (I mean Tawna :rolleyes:) lol

Hey good idea! lol Btw, they aren't going to be there- very nice people though!

Ill Digger
05-14-2010, 11:14 PM
There's that Rosie! Nice and shiney 8)
Congrats :grin:
Good luck at the secret spot Sunday!! ;)
All I know about bullets are they go in pointy end first and they go bang lol J/K
I looks like a pretty big one though...probably a 30 cal. gun (30-06, 308, 300 mag...)

handyman
05-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Way to go Tana, get that silver thumbsup01

tanacat
05-15-2010, 12:36 PM
...probably a 30 cal. gun (30-06, 308, 300 mag...)

Oh right- like you don't know your bullets lol As for me- about all I know is the difference between a B B and a shot gun shell rofl

Way to go Tana, get that silver thumbsup01

:) Thank you for getting me into this hobby -I owe it all to you! My mentor...