PDA

View Full Version : Park Silver at last!!

xzlr8n
05-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Took the V3 down to our County Fair Ground / park / horse track this evening. This park was dedicated around 1910. I have never found silver here before, just a few wheats here and there. This evening I decided to load up the Deep Silver program since I found a nice spot that didn't have too much trash or EMI problems. Started off along the inner part of the horse track in an area I've never hunted before. The horse track looks to be about a 1/2 to 3/4 mile long, so this provides for a huge infield. There are two softball fields and a pavilion here now. At one time, probably the teens through the early 70's, the local high school used the infield for football games and the track for gym classes. I would hope and have always felt this park would have lots of good targets, well I've found it darn hard to find anything old here the two seasons I've detected. I'm sure it has been hunted hard by other detectorists over the years. With all this being said I was very happy to pull a super looking 1903 Barber Quarter from a hole at about nine inches this evening. Needless to say I'm going to be spending some more time at this park instead of a last resort idea. Other finds for the night were 4 Memorials and a clad Rosie. The button was found at an older home I've reported other finds on. The other clad dimes, Memorials, and Canadian penny are from misc hunts after work this week. Thanks for looking!!

Epi-hunter
05-14-2010, 09:30 PM
OMG z, that is a beautiful barber quarter!! That is still on my dream list to find. Hit that site AGAIN and AGAIN!!!

randy
05-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Sounds like you got that V3 cookin' now. Nice find thumbsup01

Ill Digger
05-14-2010, 09:51 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: WOW that thing is MINT!
Great find!!
A find like that whould have me huntin' there more offen too!! lol
Congrats :grin:

coinnut
05-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Nice solid looking Barber Quarter :shocked04: I would have loved to see your face when you figured out what that quarter was lol Can we see the happy dance again ;) Nice find and I think you have a huge area to re-scan with the v3

tanacat
05-14-2010, 10:15 PM
:shocked04: The detail on your Barber quarter is amazing!!! Way to go! :twirlingeyes:

handyman
05-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Great coin. Not in circulation long :cheesysmile:

angellionel
05-15-2010, 07:17 AM
That is a beautiful coin! What a great find. Did you do one of these? :happydance01: I would have. lol

xzlr8n
05-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Thanks everyone for looking and complementing my great Barber. I sure was excited, it was a repeatable varying high VDI signal that I wasn't sure what it was. I had been digging bottle caps that were solid 91 -93 VDI readings which was a bit confounding with the Deep Silver program and ended up rechecking these signals with a three frequency program and finding them 22.5 Hz Blue dominant. Anyway, when I got down to the 8 mark on my digger I checked the hole with my probe and had the sweet sound of a solid target a little bit deeper at the very bottom. Fluffed up the soil from the bottom perimeter and that is when I caught the sweet edge of a silver quarter. Quickly pulled her out thinking a Washington, maybe a worn SLQ, but WOW :shocked04: a Barber. My first thought was this huge park still has silver and old silver at that. Then I had the :happydance01: thoughts as I slipped her into my pouch for safer cleaning at home. At home I was even more :happydance01: when I noticed how great the condition was. The best part of all this is I have a huge park to scour for more Silver. The troublesome part is my V3 rock solid at always sniffing out these deep targets :confused:. eTrac:huh: After finding this Barber I went another 100 yards with no hints of something deep just the newer Memorials and the clad dime :-\

tanacat
05-15-2010, 12:41 PM
:happydance01: When did we get this smiley? I love it! The jigga jigga happy dance lol

texasboy112
05-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Nice work, I'm about to start with the Deep Silver Program myself. Good Luck to you...

Ill Digger
05-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Angel was savin' the :happydance01: for just the right moment .Sittin' back goin' :teasing: lol
I thought it looked new too :confused: :happydance01:

z118
05-16-2010, 08:40 PM
I would loose control of some kind of bodily function if I found that thing. WOW! You must be walking on air! Congrats!

xzlr8n
05-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Update - went back last evening and ---------- no silver just 2 Memorials and a clad dime for an 1 1/2 hours labor :thinkingabout: More silver is going to be hard to find here, might have just been lucky. Right place, right time. Definately is one coin I'll never forget finding :happydance01:. Good luck to you all, thanks again!!