PDA

View Full Version : Hunting season coming to a close but a few more silver to be had

wisconsin digger
11-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Weather is turning fast and I don't think it will be long before the hunting season is over in Wisconsin, but in the mean time I continue to pick up a few silver. Today I hit a park I can't quite figure out. It almost looks like ground was removed from one area an placed as cover ground over a different area of the park. I seem to hit areas of silver where some of the clad coinage is deeper than the older coins. I tried some of the areas that produced silver before with no luck. I moved to an area that produced some wheats and found a wheat almost right away only 2 down or so. I decided to work the area a little harder and got a nice 12-46 at about 4-5. I cut my plug and still had the coin in the hole so things were looking up. A couple of extra digs with the knife and out popped a pretty nice '44 Washington. 1st silver above a dime I have found in this park. Added a few silver to the picture from two previous hunts last week. As long as the ground does not freeze I'll keep plugging away. Also managed to reach 700 clad dimes this week. Man that's a lot of lost dimes. Stay warm Wisconsin Digger
PS does the item below the silver look like an old money clip or hair piece. It was not silver but held up pretty well. It was a pretty deep find in an old church grounds.

del
11-09-2013, 10:36 PM
:omg: 700 dimes :shocked04:stretcher: that makes my knees ache just thinking about digging for all them lol lol congrats on the silver and yes the item below looks like a hair piece to me too.

Dan

coinnut
11-10-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm surprised you are still hunting this late in the year. Hopefully it will be a late winter for you. Don't need any of this yet :frozen: Always nice to squeak out a few more silvers :peace:

wisconsin digger
11-11-2013, 05:23 AM
I made it to Dec. 5th last year but the weather is suppose to turn this week. I'd like to find 5 more nickels and 6 wheats to hit a few more milestones but I am pretty happy with how this year turned out. Thx Wisconsin Digger

giant056
11-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Fantastic score on all them nice silvers thumbsup01
:congrats: