PDA

View Full Version : Surprised by a token

Skamaniac
11-10-2013, 09:58 PM
I was checking an old swimming cove on the Columbia River because the water is down right now. It was a popular swimming hole in late 70's to mid 80's. Hoping to find a nice ring, but mostly I find clad coins from that time period. Today I found a couple of 30 year old pennies and a costume jewelry ring, but also pulled a Washington state tax token used from 1935 to somewhere around the mid to late 50's. That was unexpected, since it was from a completely different time frame than anything else I've ever found there.

del
11-10-2013, 10:10 PM
congrats on the tax token , its a greta indication of more older finds there too.

Skamaniac
11-11-2013, 04:30 PM
My thoughts exactly, del. I just remembered, I also found a big square nail nearby so there might have been an old farmhouse around there somewhere. More poking around in my future. :yes:

leslie(nova scotia)
11-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Surprised for sure...on the token and that you are lucky enough not to be under the thumb of old man winter!

Skamaniac
11-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Surprised for sure...on the token and that you are lucky enough not to be under the thumb of old man winter!

The winter weather here is fairly mild when it's not raining. Or raining sideways. Or snowing. Or snowing sideways. The ground rarely gets frozen more than just surface.