PDA

View Full Version : NUTTIN BUT BUTTONS!

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Got out with Todd today,we drove up to meet John a 17 yr old new cellar hole detectorist who just loves history.He does re-enactments as a Hessian soldier.real good kid and he invited us up.his uncle has 2 cellar holes on private property.picked him up at 7 am and we were off! buttons were my finds for the day.todd had the best day,john got 6 buttons and did well with his whites classic SL.next time up i'm gonna let him try my back up XLT.see if he likes it. Very rare to meet someone so young that has a passion for history like we do.
all my buttons had no back marks.a real old site for sure.
some nice designed large coat buttons,a few tombacs and a couple designed pewter buttons.one button still has green wool and the white string still trapped under the smashed shank.
was an enjoyable hunt but Todd stole the show today.

Thiltzy
11-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Lots of nice patterns on them there buttons Dave. That cloaker with the sun and stars looks familiar :yes:

del
11-10-2013, 10:24 PM
that must have been quite a drive for you two guys :yes: some great dandies Dave very nice etched tombac |:cheering: |:cheering:

Lodge Scent
11-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Buttons galore! Some beauties too!

Thiltzy
11-10-2013, 10:41 PM
that must have been quite a drive for you two guys :yes: some great dandies Dave very nice etched tombac |:cheering: |:cheering:
Not bad of a drive, took us 1hour 20 mins Dan

del
11-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Not bad of a drive, took us 1hour 20 mins Dan

you went right through enfield you guys could of picked me up on the way >:/ lol rofl

The Rebel
11-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Those are some great button finds Dave. thumbsup01

Definitely an old site & do I dare to say a virgin site at that. Now that you've pulled a lot of the buttons out of the way I bet the coins will begin to show up.

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Those are some great button finds Dave. thumbsup01

Definitely an old site & do I dare to say a virgin site at that. Now that you've pulled a lot of the buttons out of the way I bet the coins will begin to show up.

thanks everyone! Rog either virgin & poor or just cherry picked :confused:

chief5709
11-11-2013, 12:01 PM
you went right through enfield you guys could of picked me up on the way >:/ lol rofl

Dan, I'm seeing a trend... :thinkingabout:

Bell-Two
11-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Man that is an awesome array of buttons! Just really like buttons that are old and have a story to tell. Can you imagine this, the farmer goes into the house and tells his wife &quot:grin:ear I lost another button she sighs gets her sewing box and sews another one on his shirt or coat and says You got to be more careful buttons aren't cheap! I always wonder if he thought that nearly two hundred years later one of us would find his button....just makes one pause doesn't it?

coinnut
11-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Nice buttons Davey thumbsup01 Love the starred one the best. Couple of those folding knives look really old too. That was nice of him to invite both of you to hunt his neck of the woods. :perfect10: You didn't tie a wire across his coil did you Dave? :eyebrow:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Nice buttons Davey thumbsup01 Love the starred one the best. Couple of those folding knives look really old too. That was nice of him to invite both of you to hunt his neck of the woods. :perfect10: You didn't tie a wire across his coil did you Dave? :eyebrow:

thanks G! nah no wire.he's lookin into buying a xlt.i swung his classic SL for like 5 mins and wanted to wing it into the tree line! yep colonial switchblades! times were scary back then! they must be 1700's huh? I almost tossed em and thought maybe i'll try to zap em and save them

coinnut
11-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Them knives can go back into the 1600's too. It would be worth cleaning them up a bit.

HessianHunter
11-11-2013, 08:29 PM
I had a really good time! I am glad my friends found some awesome stuff! They will be back around my area next weekend too, hopefully. I have another un-searched site lined, along with the buttons, I really enjoyed the horse shoe Dave found and gave to me! >:tongue:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Them knives can go back into the 1600's too. It would be worth cleaning them up a bit.

really? folding pocket knives went that far back huh? :confused:

del
11-11-2013, 09:02 PM
really? folding pocket knives went that far back huh? :confused:

George and i found some folding pocket knives for the museum that went back to 1637 to when the day they were lost .

Thiltzy
11-11-2013, 09:22 PM
George and i found some folding pocket knives for the museum that went back to 1637 to when the day they were lost .
I found one also yesterday... hmm I better check it out :thinkingabout:

OxShoeDrew
11-14-2013, 06:18 PM
I had a really good time! I am glad my friends found some awesome stuff! They will be back around my area next weekend too, hopefully. I have another un-searched site lined, along with the buttons, I really enjoyed the horse shoe Dave found and gave to me! >:tongue:
Dave gave you a horseshoe? What a pal!!:lol: Play your cards right and he'll give you a shot gun shell :lol:
Very nice buttons Dave, I love to find 'em with the cloth still on 'em. Hard to believe no coins :shocked04:

del
11-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Dave gave you a horseshoe? What a pal!!:lol: Play your cards right and he'll give you a shot gun shell :lol:

to be honest thats more than i ever recieved from Dave :lol::lolsign::lol: