PDA

View Full Version : Silver # 25 from same site = Large! Wheat total @ 177

mdakin
11-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Here are my weekend finds. The first group is from a new site and friend and I went to, an old ball field surrounded by a ton of old houses. It was obviously pounded, all the wheats we found were deep. I found a corner of the field that was less touched an netted a majority of my finds there.

After that we went to the park site that has been treating me very well. We picked up a total of 16 wheaties and my last recovery was the Jefferson Merc in the same hole. Of note were the Buffalo nickels I recovered this day. A 1916 and a 1918, as well as two 1936, one with the S mintmark. I think from this park I have recovered at least 7 or so buffalo nickels.

Does anyone have an idea about that Great Seal item? At first I thought it was a rivet until I saw the Eagle side of it. What could it have been to? Also, the words on the back. Does anyone else see 14 K after the work Warranted? What is the other word on it? I see LOMI ATED? Any guesses?

Last group is Sunday's finds. First large silver from this park site. It was reading nice and high on my eTrac, 11-47, a bit scratchy. It was deep, at least 10 It capped of my day and my weekend fairly nicely. It is the 25th piece of silver from this park site, also the wheaties make it 177 total from this site.

Enjoy

Links to previous posts from this site:

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=14617.0

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=14562.0

Tony Two-Cent
11-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Wow, that park has been an incredible site for you! 177 wheat cents is a mind-blowing total from one spot, and 25 silvers is nothing to sneeze at either!

That 1918 Walker is a real beauty! :smitten:

Congrats on the &quot:beerbuddy:ikkels too! (Buffalo Nickels) thumbsup01

I haven't a clue about the great seal item, although it looks like it could be a cufflink. Hopefully someone else can help you.

:congrats: