PDA

View Full Version : Getting to the end of hunting season but something new none the less

wisconsin digger
11-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Trying to get in the last few hunts so I skipped the Football game Sunday and hit an old High School that was completely renovated a couple years back. Much of the landscape was removed and placed back so I have an unusual mix of deep new coins and shallow old coins. What happened Sunday was a first. I got a nickel signal that was close to the surface. I checked with my probe and found the coin laying on the surface. The coin turned out to be a 1917 Buffalo that was clearly buried at one time but now ended back on the surface just like the day it was lost. Never had an old surface find like that before. the landscape was completed 2 years ago so I was surprised it did not start to get covered again. Anyway that was a pleasant surprise along with the Rosie and Silver nickel I found that day. Also bought a used large coil for the Etrac and it arrived yesterday. I put it on and hit a pounded church grounds for 15 minutes (35 degrees with 30 mph winds) and found an old wheat and a Mercury dime. I wish I had more time to try it out but by my added pictures you can see Wisconsin is turning white. Shots from my back porch. Wisconsin Digger

KennyD
11-14-2013, 09:58 AM
Nice finds Digger! Congrats!
Nice photos too.... but man I hate to see the white stuff coming. :(

aloldstuff
11-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Nice that you braved the wind and the cold temps. It is a strange site to see a buff on the surface. Please, no more pictures of snow....

del
11-14-2013, 03:47 PM
:shocked04:aaaahhhhhh :hairpulling: the "dreaded white stuff" :lol::lol: get out there while you can "WD" it won't be long now :yes: congrats on the buffalo

OxShoeDrew
11-14-2013, 05:52 PM
wow, raining nickels :)
We've been lucky so far with the S word. Only a dusting thus far.:crossfingers:

wisconsin digger
11-14-2013, 07:16 PM
I think this week may do it for me, but you warm climate guys keep me going in the winter. Wisconsin Digger

KennyD
11-14-2013, 10:08 PM
I think this week may do it for me, but you warm climate guys keep me going in the winter. Wisconsin Digger
Ill second that!

giant056
11-15-2013, 04:08 AM
Great score on the war nickel, buff and silver rosie :congrats:

milco
11-17-2013, 08:13 AM
Nice finds, hopefully you make it out a bit yet, but yes, the end of the season is coming.

Digger Don
11-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Hey Digger, If it gets to frozen, I'll come up with my gas post hole digger. :hystericallaugh:
It's a long time till spring.

HH

wisconsin digger
11-17-2013, 05:52 PM
My hope is to get down to Tennessee once to visit my brother and get some digging in there, so for now we can park the post hole digger. Appreciate the positive attitude though. Thx Wisconsin Digger

Tony Two-Cent
11-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Nice finds, good job on the old nickels! Very unusual that a buffalo nickel would be right on the surface like that.

The past two winters really spoiled me, they were both mild and I was able to hunt every weekend. It's already a lot colder this year than it ever got for the past two years.