PDA

View Full Version : One last goal met before the cold comes 150th Mercury

wisconsin digger
11-17-2013, 05:48 PM
Don't usually set to many goals other than silver total, but as the year progresses I look at what I've found and try and hit some goals from there(keeps me motivated) . As the year comes to a close I was hoping to hit 500 wheats and just made it at 501. Also wanted to hit some round numbers for clad and made that (400 nickels, 500 quarters and 700 dimes). Did miss hitting 20 Indians as I got stuck at 19. One of the last things I noticed on my totals was I had 149 Mercury's. I went out Saturday with the impression (great weather forecasts) that I would have 50 degrees and Sun but ended up with 40 degrees and light drizzle. The hunt was pretty slow (and wet) when my Son called for a ride home from Bowhunting. I told him I would hunt another hour in hopes of finding 1 Mercury and then I would leave to get him. No sooner did I hang up when I got a signal 12-43 and shallow. I was a bit frustrated with all the good signals turning out to be clad that I was starting to walk away from the penny signal. I decided against walking away and dug the shallow plug. I checked the hole and the plug and the coin was in the shallow plug. A few scrapes with the knife and out pops the 150th Merc. and to think I almost walked away from it. This was the relandscaped old school which has so many old coins that are shallow. Needless to say it was a good ending to a great year of hunting. Maybe I'll get a hunt or two in before ground freeze but I'm OK if that was it. Wisconsin Digger

Tony Two-Cent
11-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Congrats on finding 150 Mercury Dimes for the year! That's an amazing total! :thumbsup02:

coinnut
11-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Great way to keep motivated. 150 Mercs is no easy task. :shocked04: Now get out there and find that 20th Indian :lol: It seems like it was a great year for you. :clapping:

leslie(nova scotia)
11-18-2013, 01:18 PM
That is awesome!

Digger Don
11-18-2013, 11:21 PM
Congrats on your 150th Merc
That's an awesome total

aloldstuff
11-20-2013, 08:39 AM
:wow:, now that's a nice goal to reach. I know that you're glad about digging and not walking away from that signal. All signals in a re landscaped site need to be investigated.

giant056
11-21-2013, 05:22 AM
Big congrats on your 150th merc for the year :congrats: