PDA

View Full Version : My 10th 1789 George Washington Inaugural Button a few coins & a Sword Scabbard band

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Got out with Todd back up to the site we went last weekend where he dug his eagle plate and I got my silvered shoe buckle.usually when i dig a horse shoe I end up having a good day.
3 Indian head pennies 1860,1864 & 1901.a 1867 2 cent piece. a nice old (bat wing style) buckle.
a smashed flat Sword Scabbard band with the ring and my 10th 1789 George Washington memorable era variety button.a shame it's pretty toasted :girlcry: i left what black crud was still stuck on it otherewise i'd be lookin at a plain old colonial coat button.I gave it a shot of hairspray so least the black date will stay on. oh well that's the way it goes.
Todd did just as well in the finds dept with one item being a gem :thumbsup01: unlike mine.

milco
11-23-2013, 08:09 PM
That is just crazy, Dave!!!! I am in awe and amazement! Congrats!!!!!!!

del
11-23-2013, 09:38 PM
:shocked03: my gosh Dave 10 GW'S now .....

in my best Three-Dog night voice...
"ten is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
nine can be as bad as ten
It's the loneliest number since the number ten"

:lol::lol::lolsign:

And i remember that guy desperately pleading with me a few years ago "man i wish i could get one of those when am i gonna ever find one of them buttons" :yes: and now you have one for every finger you have , congrats man :perfect10:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-23-2013, 09:45 PM
:shocked03: my gosh Dave 10 GW'S now .....

in my best Three-Dog night voice...
"ten is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
nine can be as bad as ten
It's the loneliest number since the number ten"

:lol::lol::lolsign:

And i remember that guy desperately pleading with me a few years ago "man i wish i could get one of those when am i gonna ever find one of them buttons" :yes: and now you have one for every finger you have , congrats man :perfect10:
lol at the song! thnaks for the nice comment! I owe it all to you.If I never invited you down that day to hunt them sites in my hometown,I probably would still be hunting hamilton park on a daily basis

del
11-23-2013, 09:54 PM
lol at the song! thnaks for the nice comment! I owe it all to you.If I never invited you down that day to hunt them sites in my hometown,I probably would still be hunting hamilton park on a daily basis

I doubt that Dave , you would of branched out at some point. some guys will never even find one of them in the lifetime detecting , its a phenomenal achievement of buttons my friend :notworthy:

just wished it was a little bit better condition is all and that you'd leave me a few to find :rofl::rofl:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-23-2013, 10:14 PM
I doubt that Dave , you would of branched out at some point. some guys will never even find one of them in the lifetime detecting , its a phenomenal achievement of buttons my friend :notworthy:

just wished it was a little bit better condition is all and that you'd leave me a few to find :rofl::rofl:
thanks again!

del
11-23-2013, 10:21 PM
hey you need to construct another album and straighten out that link so it sends me there .

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-23-2013, 11:09 PM
hey you need to construct another album and straighten out that link so it sends me there .
how do i do that?

del
11-23-2013, 11:13 PM
well you should know how to make an album , you are familiar with this type of forum format. once you do that and i'll adjust the link to it .

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-23-2013, 11:16 PM
well you should know how to make an album , you are familiar with this type of forum format. once you do that and i'll adjust the link to it .
i was able to name my album but cant see where to add photos?

del
11-23-2013, 11:20 PM
i was able to name my album but cant see where to add photos?

when you created the album it should of taken you to another page , on that page where you album name was just to the right of it should of been an "upload photos" title to click at the moment its very dark lettered and kinda hard to see

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-23-2013, 11:34 PM
ok i added a few.yeah its hard to see the upload words in that red bar.2 pics aint showing in the album but when ya click on the name then you can see the photo? weird,they are both the right size too? i'll work on more photos another day.gotta get to bed for another full day of detecting.thanks Dan

del
11-23-2013, 11:35 PM
ok buddy good luck tomorrow and i'll adjust the link to the new album

coinnut
11-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Man that looks like a chicken eagle GW, but I need to see that deep imprint star. I thought I was the only one to find the crappy GW' s :rofl:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-24-2013, 05:32 AM
Man that looks like a chicken eagle GW, but I need to see that deep imprint star. I thought I was the only one to find the crappy GW' s :rofl:
no you are not alone.i got 2 really bad ones

Thiltzy
11-24-2013, 05:49 AM
Wish the GW was in better shape Dave but still a great find. Mine seems to be in much better condition probably because it was on the slope of the hill

OxShoeDrew
11-24-2013, 08:39 AM
Wish the GW was in better shape Dave but still a great find. Mine seems to be in much better condition probably because it was on the slope of the hill
Todd found one too? :shocked04:
The greatest day ever was when you found four at one site, then another at a separate site. Mind blowing. Hey Dave...what's your record for coppers in a day?

Tony Two-Cent
11-24-2013, 08:47 AM
What an incredible hunt, Dave! :shocked04:

So many finds there that would make my year! Terrific variety of coins and relics. Huge congrats on your tenth GW! That is just mind blowing!

:congrats:

chief5709
11-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Congrats Dave :wow:

Thiltzy
11-24-2013, 02:36 PM
The greatest day ever was when you found four at one site, then another at a separate site. Mind blowing. Hey Dave...what's your record for coppers in a day?
Yes I did Drew. I got mine and then Dave found his shortly after.

del
11-24-2013, 02:41 PM
hey why aren't you detecting with mr. 10 GW today ??

OxShoeDrew
11-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Yes I did Drew. I got mine and then Dave found his shortly after. Where is it? Did I miss it? :lol:

pulltabsteve
11-24-2013, 03:12 PM
10 GW buttons is amazing!!!!!!!! WTG Dave!:clapping: Keep digging those good luck horseshoes.:yes:

Lodge Scent
11-24-2013, 03:50 PM
One GW button in a life time would make any detectorist happy. Ten is just beyond comprehension. :shocked01: You are indeed the GW button king. :congrats:

The Rebel
11-24-2013, 04:26 PM
WTG Dave!

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-24-2013, 04:27 PM
thanks Drew.my record for coppers was 7 in a day

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-24-2013, 04:28 PM
we had a bad day.long story short todd's machine crapped the bed.so we took the skunking

Thiltzy
11-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Where is it? Did I miss it? :lol:
You did not miss it Drew. I am posting in a few mins so stay tuned:popcorn: