PDA

View Full Version : Lowly Clad

z118
05-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Someone will need to let me know when you all get sick of looking at my pics of plain old clad... lol Danged if all your posts aren't giving me an inferiority complex! It's like you guys can't spit without hitting silver!

Got out a few times this weekend and did alright but not great. I hit some tot lots on Saturday as well as a large old park in the city, but no real luck there. I only got out for a short time on Sunday. The weather was amazing and the hunt was very peaceful and enjoyable, but again no great finds. Total for the weekend was 213 coins worth $14.22 which includes three wheats. Plenty of the usual junk too plus one small silver earing stamped .925.

Happy hunting...

Ill Digger
05-16-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm not tiered of your Lowly Clad.
You can make clad look cool !! 8)
Especially when there's that much of it :shocked04: lol
Your findin' silver too.....we'll take it how we can get it :yes:
Nice haul!!
Congrats :grin:

coinnut
05-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Hey you got some silver. Just hammer it flat and round and draw a picture of miss Liberty on it lol Clad adds up and buys some more toys :shocked04:stretcher: You know, pinpointers, batteries, coils a NEW MACHINE :drool:, you get the picture lol Although this has been said before, some of the newbies haven't heard it, so ... how about collecting that clad and at the end of the year, let yourself loose at a coin shop and buy some silver, Indians, Buffs....whatever. Sounds like a nice way to make clad worth hunting and builds a heck of a coin collection too! Just a thought. lol I have them sometimes rofl

xzlr8n
05-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Your posts make me feel deficient in the digging department and the $$ department too. I'd almost give up my limited silver finds to have lots of good targets like you dig. I search and search and search with few good targets and lots of iffy signals to get the old ones. Keep posting your lowly clad, it's good seeing people finding whatever!!!

hoser
05-17-2010, 09:27 AM
I don't get tired of seeing clad either. Heck its clad that gets silver. This year we are gonna clean all our clad and turn it right around into SILVER EAGLES. :drool: :loveit:

angellionel
05-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Nice haul, Z! I dig all the clad quarters I come across. :yes: They add up quickly, and as has been pointed out, the loot can be used to purchase other detecting accessories, or even coins for the collection. :grin: That's what I plan to do with the clad I have been finding. :cheesysmile:

randy
05-17-2010, 02:30 PM
I like clad. Money is money. And you dig an amazing amount, and I certainly love your posts. As for silver, its more the sport of it for me. For as little silver and copper as I find, it is much more rational for me to spend my time hunting clad, but I hunt silver and copper anyway. Sort of like it is more rational to buy fish at the supermarket than to go fishing. But I'd rather go fishing. That's the way I look at it anyway.

There are certainly days when I enjoy pounding the clad farms, and when I get enough, I take my wife to dinner :angelic:

tanacat
05-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Hey, I like seeing the usual junk/odds-n-ends relic stuff you (all of us) find! lol It's still interesting to see.

Congrats on the silver earring and :shocked04: wow $14.22 is pretty good- I just rolled & cashed in clad for the first time ever $60 from about 8 months hunting. Then, like Coinnut mentioned, turned around and bought it all in silver coins from my local dealer.