PDA

View Full Version : indoor hunt today

sfox54
11-29-2013, 05:25 PM
did a bit of coin roll hunting today

OxShoeDrew
11-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Wow, this coin roll thing interests me. How does it work? Do you go into the bank and ask for rolls of coins? You give them bills and they give you rolled coins?
Also, how'd you find the off-center clad strike? Do you look at every individual coin? I can see how you'd check for silver by looking at the side of the roll. Nice job!

Digger Don
11-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Something to do on a cold day.
I used to that in the 70s. Found tons of 64 halves
almost every roll gave me something.
I once got an entire roll of 64 D quarters uncirculated.
Still got them 39 years later

sfox54
11-29-2013, 09:01 PM
drew, yep just go to the bank and buy them, no extra charge. it helps to be a customer. i wanted a box of half dollars but they didn't have any a box is $500.00, but they would order them for me. it takes several days to get them. i got a box of dimes and pennies today....dimes $250.00 and pennies $25.00. i look at the dates. did a half box of dimes so far and no silver but 2 misstrikes. last box of dimes i got 3 silver rosies and some s mints. lots of videos on you tube...and tons of sites if you google it. i don't reroll mne one of my banks has a coinstar like machine and theres no fee to use it. i pulled 9 pennies and 4 din the other dimes so far that i wanted. all in all the coins cost $275.00 i will return $274.51, if i don't find any dimes in the other half box. i just started trying this and going to order my first box of half dollars soon

coinnut
11-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Not too often you see early wheats from rolls of pennies. Usually they are from the 50's. Let us know how you do on the halves.

wisconsin digger
11-29-2013, 11:12 PM
I usually by rolls for my son but we do not do it to often and have yet to find any silver. Still worth trying from time to time especially when times get tough, that's when people bring their change in. Wisconsin Digger

giant056
12-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Back in the early 60's I did a lot of penny roll hunting for my penny collection, also there was a drugstore and the guy that owned it always had a cigar box full of silver dollars that he'd let us kids look through and buy for a dollar. I still have an uncirculated 1881S Morgan that I got from the bank with two others in a bag. My brother and mom got the other two. My brothers had been stolen years ago from a break in so he inherited the one that my mother had.