PDA

View Full Version : old silver pinkie ring

randy
05-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Went to a site yesterday that has always given up silver for me (my only such site), but its a smallish area, and it seems to be thinning out for me. Wanted to run the e-trac over it. Only silver was an old pinkie ring (I'm guessing). Not hallmarked, but tests as silver. Area was in use from 40s-70s, so it must have been a few years old when lost. 7 inches deep and hit solid on the e-trac. First deep silver on the machine. Brought the V3 along as well, and it also saw it nicely.

It was the first target of the day; spent only 2 hours there, the rest of the time was spent digging clad dimes and memorial pennies at 6-7 inches :bangahead01: :bangahead01: Certainly helped with learning the machine, tho. Also spent alot of time testing each target with the V3.

This is my second old silver jewelery, and it may be becoming my favorite thing to find.

angellionel
05-17-2010, 10:52 AM
That is a nice one, and I like the design. I too love finding old silver rings. There is such a great variety of designs. :yes:

del
05-17-2010, 03:07 PM
very nice ornate ring Randy it does look pretty old too.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-17-2010, 08:00 PM
:happydance01: congrats randy.sweet ring.looks 1950's to me.

Ill Digger
05-19-2010, 11:47 PM
I'd like to find a honey hole like that!!
Thats a nice old lookin' ring!!
Looks like mother of pearl...... :thinkingabout:
Very cool 8)
Congrats :grin:

coinnut
05-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Nice design on that ring Randy!! Unless it was purposely not stamped, it should be older than when that area was popular. It may have been mom's or grandma's ring. I would think right around 1900-1910 or so. If it's modern, then it should have been marked :thinkingabout: