PDA

View Full Version : cellar hunt with friends

del
11-29-2013, 09:52 PM
met up with Lodge Scent (Jeff) and OxShoeDrew today for a cold morning hunt:frozen: . Being black friday meant there were a lot of deer hunters out and about and the site i had originally picked out was full of vehicles , that meant there were more than a few of them already out in the woods. not wanting to disturb them and risk getting mounted on someone's wall :lol::lol: i chose another place not far away that i felt might give up some goodies. after a quick hike we arrived and it wasn't long before i had a couple of buttons , Drew found a copper ?? first . Jeff next had a fine looking copper and possibly a counterfeit . my copper 1749 KG II came at the end of the day it and a very early two piece eagle infantry button were my finds of the day. y'all get out there before the freeze .

Jeff and Drew it was great to meet up again , we'll do it again.

Dan

SafariScott
11-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Nice job guys. Sorry I couldn't get out there with you, I would have much rather been out than be at work.

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-29-2013, 10:22 PM
nice finds Dan! sorry i couldn't make it .

Lodge Scent
11-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Thanks again Dan for organizing the hunt :clapping: I had a great time. Good hit on the Eagle button and that Georgie has some detail !

del
11-29-2013, 10:31 PM
no problem Gentlemen , i'll expect you two next time though:beatdown: .

Dave this military button it one of them large flattish early two piece types . my first one :smitten: the back mark is

YOUNG SMITH & CO. New York

1830-1858

del
11-29-2013, 10:32 PM
Thanks again Dan for organizing the hunt :clapping: I had a great time. Good hit on the Eagle button and that Georgie has some detail !

Jeff it was my pleasure and a real treat for me to see you again , post that copper i'm anxious to see it

OxShoeDrew
11-30-2013, 05:17 AM
Thanks Dan, a good day all around, with the exception of that guy holding a rifle silently glaring at me. :lol::shocked01:
You're on a copper roll! That one is in good shape :notworthy: Let me know when you guys want to hit it again and I'll find a site in that same general area.

I hope you don't mind I added a few pics to your thread....that cuff button says, "C.R.R. of N.J." Which must be Central RR of New Jersey. They had that exact name from 1839-49. My copper is toast.

Thiltzy
11-30-2013, 05:19 AM
Some nice oldies you guys got. You know its a great hunt when everyone gets a coin:congrats: whish I could have made but duty calls.

chief5709
11-30-2013, 08:14 AM
Nice to get a date off of that KG!

Lodge Scent
11-30-2013, 04:32 PM
That railroad button is a cool find Drew.:thumbsup01:

Thanks Dan, a good day all around, with the exception of that guy holding a rifle silently glaring at me. :lol::shocked01:

That silent guy with the rifle was kind of creepy Drew. I think he was contemplating whether or not to put you in his freezer since he wasn't gonna get any venison :lol:

del
11-30-2013, 04:55 PM
congrats on the RR button Drew , those make nice additions to displays :thumbsup02: sorry to head about the copper , it looked kinda rough when i held it. it seemed a bit smaller than the average one and a bit thicker.

That silent guy with the rifle was kind of creepy Drew. I think he was contemplating whether or not to put you in his freezer since he wasn't gonna get any venison :lol:

:lol::lol:

OxShoeDrew
11-30-2013, 05:55 PM

That silent guy with the rifle was kind of creepy Drew. I think he was contemplating whether or not to put you in his freezer since he wasn't gonna get any venison :lol: :lol: I'm glad I have a scrawny, sickly look to me.

Hey Dan, I think I missed the reverse pic of your copper....wow, nice looking!

coinnut
11-30-2013, 06:37 PM
:lol: I'm glad I have a scrawny, sickly look to me.

You should have pointed to the other guys :lol: Looks like a good day of it. Hunting season is not a great time to detect. Bright orange only makes it easier to shot you :shocked04: That button should clean up nicely Drew. Sweet, early button Dan.

The Rebel
11-30-2013, 07:58 PM
WTG guys. Looked like it was a fun hunt.

fsa46
12-01-2013, 06:20 AM
There's no doubt everyone had a rewarding hunt by looking at everyone finds and reading their posts. Always fun hunting with friends.

Looks like you weren't disappointed either Dan.....nice variety.