PDA

View Full Version : my 50th copper on the year & a etched trigger guard

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Got out with Todd Sat & Sun.Sat we found a site not on any maps and way off the beaten path.I kinda foamed at the mouth when we 1st walked up to it :drool: but after 4 hours and dead silent reality set in.we were not the 1st ones here.i got one old button back.the colonial 2 piece type that always has the domed top portion missing,a shoe buckle chape and some old looking brass thing that resembles a mini ice scraper :lol: has a hook on the back and some ornate etching.any idea anyone what this was?
I was think some sort of colonial stock clasp half?
we decided to end saturdays hunt at the site i got the baby US oval belt plate.not very much left there either,a cloak button,a totally toasted flying eagle cent.

Sunday we headed to a field not far from the GW button site same owner of the property said it was ok to hunt the field.a homesite used to be in the field.I got a toasted KGIII? counterfeit copper.rang up 56 on my XLT,then a nice designed musket trigger guard.Todd dd well in the field too.he's been on a early military relic roll and today was no exception for him.a few hours into the hunt his truck comes crusing across the field he's like my sister in law is throwing a tantrum and you guys should pack it up.
so,off we were to a old standby site that we hit before.2 IH's,a buffalo nickel a few wheaties a button, a piece of shoe buckle and some brass nails .
not the greatest weekend I ever had detecting but least I added a few keepers to the relic display case;)

del
12-01-2013, 08:42 PM
hey a copper is a copper Dave and well you got some indians and relics to go with them , congrats on the trigger guard :clapping: and semi-keyed indians ?? don't know what your mystery item is but there one thing there that looks very close to a powder flask pour spout.

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-01-2013, 10:04 PM
hey a copper is a copper Dave and well you got some indians and relics to go with them , congrats on the trigger guard :clapping: and semi-keyed indians ?? don't know what your mystery item is but there one thing there that looks very close to a powder flask pour spout.
thanks Dan,no the IH's were 1905 & 07 powder flask pour spout where?

Lodge Scent
12-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Hey some NICE finds Dave. Love the trigger guard and the ice scraper looking thingy :thumbsup01:

SafariScott
12-02-2013, 06:17 AM
Nice job Dave. Congrats on #50.

sprosoff
12-02-2013, 06:47 AM
More great finds Dave! :thumbsup02: Fun to see your junk pile too! Always makes me feel better about my detecting skills when I see others junk. :thumbsup01:

chief5709
12-02-2013, 07:06 AM
WTG Dave! 50? slow year... :lol: anyways, congrats on the trigger guard!

Bell-Two
12-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Man 50 Coppers is awesome, nice relics, a good hunt in anyones book

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-02-2013, 10:33 AM
with the help of Don in SJ think we narrowed down my rough copper counterfeit to a KGIII hibernia.
you can see the angled line just to the right of the hole in the pic on left.the coin on right is Don's.
i know the pics are rough but

Tony Two-Cent
12-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Congrats on your 50th copper of the year, Dave! That's quite an impressive feat! Your relics are always fascinating too, rarely are any two alike. So much history represented in your finds.

Good job on your amazing year! :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Congrats on your 50th copper of the year, Dave! That's quite an impressive feat! Your relics are always fascinating too, rarely are any two alike. So much history represented in your finds.

Good job on your amazing year! :clapping:
thanks Tony for the kind words

The Rebel
12-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Nice going Dave. The ice scaper thingy looks like a backscratcher ;) Don sure has a good set of eyes!

Thiltzy
12-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Counterfeit Hibernia, that explains why it felt so light Dave. Gratz on your 50th.
BTW Dave I was able to unfold the plate, it has a little bit of a stress crease but now at least it looks much better and gotta try to date it.

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Counterfeit Hibernia, that explains why it felt so light Dave. Gratz on your 50th.
BTW Dave I was able to unfold the plate, it has a little bit of a stress crease but now at least it looks much better and gotta try to date it.
cool todd! back to back early military plates is sweet.i say it's a artillery unit belt plate

del
12-02-2013, 06:59 PM
thanks Dan,no the IH's were 1905 & 07 powder flask pour spout where?

i think its the 11th or 12th picture down from the top but i lost track of the count ,honestly i have trouble counting that high Dave :lol:

Thiltzy
12-02-2013, 07:10 PM
cool todd! back to back early military plates is sweet.i say it's a artillery unit belt plateDave I am almost positive it's New York Militia pre-civil war

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-02-2013, 07:24 PM
i think its the 11th or 12th picture down from the top but i lost track of the count ,honestly i have trouble counting that high Dave :lol:
the thing in the sink? with the big hole in it? this thing? in middle?

del
12-02-2013, 07:37 PM
maybe , kinda looks like one , whats that thing made of ?? looks yellow like brass but it could be the lighting to make it look that way ...

Digger Don
12-02-2013, 07:52 PM
To think all that stuff was someones valuables at sometime in the past.
Makes you think
Congrats on the Great Finds
Thanks for posting

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-02-2013, 10:58 PM
maybe , kinda looks like one , whats that thing made of ?? looks yellow like brass but it could be the lighting to make it look that way ...
your gonna die of laughter when ya see what it actually is ;) ready?

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-02-2013, 11:00 PM
drum roll............... a old FORD dimmer switch

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-03-2013, 12:23 AM
its actually from a model T http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MODEL-T-IGNITION-SWITCH-WITH-ORIGINAL-KEY-AND-AMPERES-GUAGE-/281204781715

del
12-03-2013, 03:54 AM
drum roll............... a old FORD dimmer switch

:lol::rofl: well that settles that :lol: put it on ebay someone will buy that to restore one :thumbsup01:

The Rebel
12-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Brings new meaning to FORD (Found On Relic Day) :lol:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Brings new meaning to FORD (Found On Relic Day) :lol:
lol Rog!

coop
12-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Congrats Dave on # 50!!!!!!!! HH coop