PDA

View Full Version : NO DATE canadian penny $$$$$

sfox54
12-02-2013, 11:13 PM
yep was coin roll hunting and was certain i hit the mother load a penny with no date...major error!!! until i googled it:( and found out that canada decided in 2002 lets put the date under the queen on the other side. i did find 19 wheats one a 1943 steelie and 27 canadians one a 1941 with king george on it.

giant056
12-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Great coin roll hunting, I haven't done it in a while now, I was doing the halfs for a while and did manage to find a couple of the 40% silver Kennedy's .

:congrats:

leslie(nova scotia)
12-11-2013, 09:38 AM
I too fell for that one without a date....nitro moment anyway. Happy hunting.

HermioneP
02-19-2014, 02:27 AM
Eliminating cents has been hot topic recently. Canada has minted no pennies (https://personalmoneynetwork.com/short-term-loans/) and officially stopped circulating them as well. A similar move has been debated in the U.S. for more than 20 years, but a choice still remains in limbo.

clydeconell
04-08-2014, 05:03 AM
I'm curious why some cents don't have dates. It is an important detail for coins. Canada has officially stopped the circulation of its penny (https://personalmoneynetwork.com). The move has put a decades-old controversy back on the front-burner in the United States.

MangoAve
04-08-2014, 06:34 AM
I think how I stumbled upon a 1967 Canadian centennial was searching thru loose change. However, that one the date is still on the reverse. I'm surprised there are still some steelies out in circulation. Eliminating pennies just increases inflation. You end up paying more for the item and/or tax by having no pennies. It would be a whole mess trying to get tax rates to coincide with item prices to make it a multiple of 5 cents. Already with things like a 6.35% tax introuduced in CT, politicians get that extra penny in tax revenue when rounding up. Now instead going to multiples of 5 cents, who's pocket does that go into? And does anyone think the revenue saved by the gov't will cut your taxes?:rofl: I have a picture of a unicorn with bigfoot if you want to buy it. But this is not a forum for politics, just coins. The best looking coins usually come from ones that are in circulation.