PDA

View Full Version : Ghost towns of the east-group hunts

tanacat
05-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Here's a neat site, have you heard of the t.v. series? I'm trying to hunt it down... Check out the last one down on the left- Treasure Hunts. This guy and his co-host lead them. I signed up to learn more (find out how many $1,000's it will cost... lol) If the price is right, I'd love to go on one of 'em!

<a href=http://www.metal-detecting-ghost-towns-of-the-east.com>If you are a beginner or a seasoned treasure hunter, don't overlook this adventure.</a>You can search for and locate ghost towns in the eastern states. Metal detecting those areas have produced many interesting finds.

del
05-18-2010, 08:15 PM
sounds interesting Tana and i bet its pricey to. :yes: my recommendations would be doing it in the spring or fall as the heat
and humidity and the bugs make it very unpleasant to be in the woods here in the east.if you ever wanted to get out
this way George and i would be happy to take you colonial relic hunting and we don't charge a cent .

Dan

tanacat
05-19-2010, 10:49 AM
if you ever wanted to get out
this way George and i would be happy to take you colonial relic hunting and we don't charge a cent .

Dan

How close are you guys to Newport, Rhode Island? My bestest girlfriend lives there & we're going to visit her, travelling slowly, camping along the way and back- for a couple weeks. Looking for exciting things to do along the way to be with the ocean. :grin: Maybe I could join you guys for a day of MD'ing! Later in the summer....

del
05-19-2010, 03:15 PM
How close are you guys to Newport, Rhode Island?

atleast a couple of hours but we could meet somewhere in the middle or on the Rhode Island / Connecticut line .

Maybe I could join you guys for a day of MD'ing! Later in the summer....

sounds like a plan just give us a few days to a week notice to set somewhere up (to research an area ) to hunt

coinnut
05-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Yep, late in the summer we find lots of things, Mosquito's, gnats, snakes and sometimes some coins lol You'll need a machette for the ferns ;) Just like Del said, give us a little heads up and we can save some sites to hunt at.

tanacat
05-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Yep, late in the summer we find lots of things, Mosquito's, gnats, snakes and sometimes some coins lol You'll need a machette for the ferns ;) Just like Del said, give us a little heads up and we can save some sites to hunt at.

That's alright, I got a B.S. degree in Camping! lol Well sort of... Parks & Recreation with emphasis in camping and outdoor rec. They made a mistake on my first college transcript - it just said 'Camping' rofl

Oh well, inside joke I guess- my friends cracked up at the time, said no fair we want Camping B.S. degrees too...

Anyway,that'd be so much fun to MD and explore some woods with you guys! I'll bring my machete and mosquito hat with screen veil thing. Isn't the mosquito your state bird? :confused:

yazoo
05-21-2010, 06:07 AM
You mean all this time I have been wrong? I thought for sure the mosquito was the KY state bird. Good Luck on your hunt anyway. Yazoo

coinnut
05-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Isn't the mosquito your state bird? :confused:

Tie between those lovely misquito's and the best friend ticks :ticked: