PDA

View Full Version : LOOOOOOoooooong weekend & not much to show for our efforts

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Well Todd & me hiked our freakin butts off up a mountain saturday.we found all the walls but no sign of any homesite.my calf muscles were on fire! then sunday same scenario..long hike found the walls no homesite.so we resorted to some sites close to roads and my pics basically sums up how the weekend went in the finds dept. I got a wheatie! :happydance01: some clad,a pewter button and a thin strip of hand dimpled silver which may have went around a pipe stem.was 4 inches deep at the cellar hole not far from the pewter button

coinnut
12-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Wow, I don't know what to say :dontknow: Is this the same group of guys that find GW's ???? I guess I can congratulate you on that fine example of a zincoln:hystericallaugh: The clad quarter is kinda neat too :smitten:Sometimes you just have to enjoy the damage to the muscles :thumbsup01: It isn't for lack of effort, but next time has to be better. Watch out for them hunters, you were in their territory from the looks of it.

del
12-08-2013, 08:40 PM
sorry to hear about your lack of finds exploits Dave , its the way it goes sometimes . George and i have been doing a different strategy and its been working out pretty well ( and no George and i aren't telling :lipssealed::grin:) . i have no doubt you'll do well in no time . Todd get his machine back already ??

Lodge Scent
12-08-2013, 08:50 PM
You were out in the woods, made some finds and got some exercise. That's not so bad :thumbsup01:

Digger Don
12-08-2013, 09:52 PM
The scenery alone looks like it was worth the hike.
any finds would just be a plus.

OxShoeDrew
12-09-2013, 05:33 AM
Well, no bee stings or bruises :)

chief5709
12-09-2013, 06:48 AM
I can't imagine what your sink drains look like;)

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-09-2013, 07:38 AM
I can't imagine what your sink drains look like;)
WELL..... I opened the cabinet door and looked underneath and this is what it looks like and I did a overhead shot for ya!

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-09-2013, 07:40 AM
sorry to hear about your lack of finds exploits Dave , its the way it goes sometimes . George and i have been doing a different strategy and its been working out pretty well ( and no George and i aren't telling :lipssealed::grin:) . i have no doubt you'll do well in no time . Todd get his machine back already ??
reminder to Todd to kidnap these 2 guys and hold them hostage until they give up the secret.use torture if neccessary:devilish:

chief5709
12-09-2013, 09:16 AM
WELL..... I opened the cabinet door and looked underneath and this is what it looks like and I did a overhead shot for ya!

:lol:

The Rebel
12-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Nice looking spots Dave. I hate it when a site looks promising and it's a dud.

Thiltzy
12-12-2013, 05:41 PM
sorry to hear about your lack of finds exploits Dave , its the way it goes sometimes . George and i have been doing a different strategy and its been working out pretty well ( and no George and i aren't telling :lipssealed::grin:) . i have no doubt you'll do well in no time . Todd get his machine back already ?? I got my machine back from White's on Weds. Dan.

Thiltzy
12-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Wow, I don't know what to say :dontknow: Is this the same group of guys that find GW's ???? I guess I can congratulate you on that fine example of a zincoln:hystericallaugh: The clad quarter is kinda neat too :smitten:Sometimes you just have to enjoy the damage to the muscles :thumbsup01: It isn't for lack of effort, but next time has to be better. Watch out for them hunters, you were in their territory from the looks of it. Dave wasn't exaggerating about hiking miles up mountains.
You know it's bad when my best find of the day was an old beer bottle "the Weidemann Brewery Co. New Haven CT"

del
12-12-2013, 05:57 PM
not a bad find Todd some of your very local Bottles are very sought after by collectors. are you boys going to make it out this weekend or is the weather going to put a damper on your year??

Thiltzy
12-12-2013, 06:06 PM
not a bad find Todd some of your very local Bottles are very sought after by collectors. are you boys going to make it out this weekend or is the weather going to put a damper on your year??No way I am driving in a snow storm Dan!