PDA

View Full Version : The season is not over yet

z118
12-08-2013, 09:04 PM
I haven't been on the forum much lately, and it's been almost a month since I have gotten any digging in. Rain, cold, and a decent snow storm right before Thanksgiving had me thinking that I was in for the earliest end to the season since I started detecting. But we got a bit of warm weather and some rain this past week which melted most of the snow. I hemmed and hawed about whether to give it a go this weekend or not, but I'm glad I did. On Saturday I hit an odd spot I had hunted once before; it gave up a mess of wheats, a nice shiny Merc, and then low and behold a sweet 1925 SLQ. This is only my third SLQ, and the first I've dug with a legible date. I also hit a new spot for a short time and came away with some more wheats and another Merc. It was pretty cold and snowing on and off the whole time but the SLQ made it all worthwhile!

Sunday I got out again and dug a fair amount of clad and a '64 Rosie.

Hopefully I can get in a few more weekends of digging, but we'll have to see what happens!

Happy hunting...

Tony Two-Cent
12-08-2013, 09:11 PM
A worthwhile hunt indeed! :yes:

I just love seeing SLQ's posted! Especially ones that have a clear date. That is a beautiful piece of silver and a terrific find! :thumbsup02:

Congrats, Matt! :clapping:

coinnut
12-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Glad you talked yourself into it?:clapping: Thank God they recessed the dates in 1925 or we would never find a SLQ with a date :lol: Enjoy every minute of detecting while the weather holds up.

Digger Don
12-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Great finds.
all 4 silvers look like they are good shape
congrats

giant056
12-09-2013, 03:52 AM
Awesome score on the mercs, rosie and SLQ :thumbsup01:
:congrats:

Hook
12-09-2013, 07:39 AM
congrats on a great 4 silver hunt! and a SLQ with a date...makes it even better!

bob_e99
12-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Congrats on a fine group of silver, especially the dated SLQ. I have to shake my head at the amazingly good year that you're having.

:congrats:

Glad you talked yourself into it?:clapping: Thank God they recessed the dates in 1925 or we would never find a SLQ with a date :lol: Enjoy every minute of detecting while the weather holds up.

I really enjoy these little factoids that add a whole new dimensions to finding coins. Thanks coinnut.

del
12-09-2013, 04:30 PM
great silver count Matt , especially the SLQ :smitten:

Timewarpdigger
12-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Great clad take but the silver always makes the hunt worth while. An SLQ to me makes its a super hunt. My second silver was an SLQ and I did the silver dance, which embarrassed the wife until I told her what it was. LOL Safe & HH

leslie(nova scotia)
12-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Good dig and quota. Silver always adds to ahunt. over here is the season....too sad.